Author Topic: More Migrants In Big US Cities Bring New Tensions for Democrats  (Read 307 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
More Migrants In Big US Cities Bring New Tensions for Democrats
« on: September 08, 2023, 11:23:48 am »
More Migrants In Big US Cities Bring New Tensions for Democrats
Story by Shruti Date Singh, Augusta Saraiva and Laura Nahmias •
1h

(Bloomberg) -- In August 2022, after greeting one of the first buses of immigrants arriving in New York City with handshakes and boxes of food, Mayor Eric Adams pledged officials would set “the right tone of being here for these families.”

A year later, that tone has shifted dramatically. Adams is warning of dire consequences for the city after 110,000 arrivals. He’s begging the federal government for money, telling migrants at the border not to come and demanding state officials find other places to house those who arrive anyway.

“Let me tell you something New Yorkers: Never in my life have I had a problem that I did not see an ending to. I don’t see an ending to this,” Adams said at a town hall meeting this week, lamenting the 10,000 people pouring into the Big Apple every month. “This issue will destroy New York City.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/more-migrants-in-big-us-cities-bring-new-tensions-for-democrats/ar-AA1gqhMO?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=be636cd04c8a412587cf5fe38f60179e&ei=52
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: More Migrants In Big US Cities Bring New Tensions for Democrats
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2023, 09:20:08 pm »
"Adams is warning of dire consequences for the city after 110,000 arrivals..."

I wouldn't be surprised that (considering the millions pouring across the border) ultimately 300-400,000 could end up in New York City...

Mr. Adams, your "consequences" are just beginning...!

Online corbe

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2023, 09:46:15 pm »
LA TIMES – The Biden administration is considering forcing some migrant families who enter the country without authorization to remain near the border in Texas while awaiting asylum screening, effectively limiting their ability to travel within the United States, three U.S. officials told The Times.

But the proposal, which recalls President Reagan’s efforts to limit asylum seekers’ movements in the late 1980s, is likely to draw fierce opposition from immigrant rights groups and border-state officials. Since 2022, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, a Republican, has bused thousands of migrants out of his state to Democrat-run cities such as Los Angeles, New York and Washington, D.C.

The Biden plan would force certain migrant families to remain in Texas — or possibly other border states — by tracking their location through GPS monitoring devices, such as ankle bracelets, according to the three officials, who were not authorized to speak publicly on the matter. The families would be put through an asylum screening process to determine whether they could stay in the U.S. and proceed with their claims. Officials have discussed working with local organizations to provide housing for the families.

If the families failed their initial screenings, they’d be easier to deport because they’d be close to the border.

Department of Homeland Security officials have discussed targeting Central American families in the program, because those are countries where the U.S. can deport significant numbers of people.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2023, 09:50:58 pm »
   Unfortunately, our Successful AG is being 'DELAYED' right now (as is Trump) with an active Persecution.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.