Author Topic: Georgia’s Largest Hospital System Drops Christmas Eve as Paid Holiday, Adds Juneteenth  (Read 657 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Legal Insurrection by Mary Chastain Thursday, September 7, 2023

All in the name of equity.

Emory Healthcare, the largest hospital system in Georgia, added Juneteenth as a paid holiday but erased Christmas Eve from the calendar:

Employees will now have to use paid time off to celebrate the December holiday.

The change, announced August 31, will also let employees earn extra holiday pay for working on Juneteenth—but not on Christmas Eve.

“We hope this will allow more opportunities for celebration, reflection, and education,” Emory Healthcare CEO Joon Sup Lee wrote in an email to employees. “[D]iversity, equity, and inclusion at Emory Healthcare (EHC) is about creating an environment of true belonging for our patients and team members, while ensuring equitable outcomes for all.”

The move came after Emory Healthcare solicited feedback on its holiday schedule, according to the email, which notes that patients can’t make clinical appointments on paid holidays. That policy appears to have fueled a zero-sum dynamic in which adding one holiday meant axing another.

“To minimize impact to patient care,” Lee said, “we will not be adding another paid holiday to our calendars. Rather, beginning January 2024, we will remove Christmas Eve from our holiday calendar and replace it with Juneteenth.”

More: https://legalinsurrection.com/2023/09/georgias-largest-hospital-system-drops-christmas-eve-as-paid-holiday-adds-juneteenth/

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
What a surprise they would axe xmas eve under their new CEO's position./s

New CEO Dr. Joon Sup Lee: Equity is key to Emory Healthcare's growth

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2023/05/16/emory-healthcare-ceo-joon-sup-lee.html
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
STRIKE! STRIKE STRIKE! It's an insult to all Christians working there!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
STRIKE! STRIKE STRIKE! It's an insult to all Christians working there!

@GtHawk

I am a "Heathen",and even I am outraged.

You don't have to be a Christian to honor and celebrate the concept of "Peace and Good Will to All",but you DO have to an idiot to dismiss the concept.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!