Author Topic: DeSantis rips heckler blaming him for Jacksonville shooting: 'That is such nonsense'  (Read 775 times)

Online libertybele

DeSantis rips heckler blaming him for Jacksonville shooting: 'That is such nonsense'

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis laid into a heckler at a press conference Thursday who attempted to blame him for the recent shooting in Jacksonville in an exchange that lit up social media.

"Excuse me. I’m not going to let you accuse me of committing criminal activity," DeSantis said after an activist began trying to link him to the shooting in Jacksonville while mentioning Trayvon Martin, a Black teenager killed in Florida in 2012.

"I am not going to take that," DeSantis repeated, speaking at an event at Culhane's Irish Pub in Jacksonville, Florida.

"You want to have a civil conversation, that's one thing," DeSantis said. "To try to say that I’m letting … that guy was Baker Acted. He should have been ruled ineligible, but they didn’t involuntarily commit him."

A heckler standing with reporters accused DeSantis' policies of contributing to the Jacksonville shooting (Fox News)

The alleged Jacksonville shooter, who killed 3 people last month in what is believed to be a racially motivated attack targeting Black people, was briefly held under a state law called the Baker Act in 2017, which says a person can be "taken to a receiving facility for involuntary examination" during a mental health crisis.

"No, no, there is the truth," DeSantis said as he continued to spar with the heckler. "There is something about the truth. Everyone doesn’t have their own truth. No. You don’t get to come here and blame me for some madman. That is not appropriate, and I’m not going to accept it.".................

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/desantis-rips-heckler-blaming-him-jacksonville-shooting-such-nonsense
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

Watch and listen to the video- it is great!  DeSantis certainly can stand his ground.

DeSantis 2024  :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline cato potatoe

What a ridiculous accusation.  Note how the the ignoramus blathered on while DeSantis responded to him.  I'm so tired of hearing about the Jacksonville shooting.  That area typically is #1 in the state for homicides, and white supremacy is irrelevant.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

I'm waiting to hear the Lib Dem buzz word, "hate-monger".

I hope to win the Looney Lib Lingo Bingo coverall.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Kamaji

Watch and listen to the video- it is great!  DeSantis certainly can stand his ground.

DeSantis 2024  :patriot:

:thumbsup: