Author Topic: Lawmakers want $4 billion for border security, migrant processing  (Read 226 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Lawmakers want $4 billion for border security, migrant processing
« on: September 07, 2023, 06:10:44 pm »
Lawmakers want $4 billion for border security, migrant processing
by: Julian Resendiz

Posted: Sep 6, 2023 / 07:20 PM CDT

Updated: Sep 6, 2023 / 07:25 PM CDT

EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) – Twenty-eight House members are pushing for $4 billion in emergency funding to stem the flow of fentanyl at the border and process migrants more efficiently.

In a letter to Speaker Kevin McCarthy, the Democrats emphasized the need for enhanced technology at ports of entry and more money for the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of Health and Human Services. DHS agencies process migrants at the border, while HHS provides support services for migrants released on parole, particularly minors.

“It’s an opportunity for us to work together in a bipartisan way as the House votes on appropriations bills this month,” said U.S. Rep. Gabe Vasquez, D-New Mexico. “It includes $800 million specifically to make a dent on the fentanyl crisis that is affecting the entire country and, obviously, has its roots here on the border.”

https://www.borderreport.com/news/politics/lawmakers-want-4-billion-for-border-security-migrant-processing/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Lawmakers want $4 billion for border security, migrant processing
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2023, 06:11:54 pm »
Border security?  How much does it cost for border guards to watch people walk past them? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Lawmakers want $4 billion for border security, migrant processing
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2023, 06:15:22 pm »
Border security?  How much does it cost for border guards to watch people walk past them? :shrug:

@rangerrebew

A  hell of a lot  more than it costs  to  tell them to turn around and  go back home  or be shot  as invaders if they enter the US illegally.

I realize the reality is shooting them is never going to happen. Hell,I wouldn't even do it myself unless they attacked me.

I see NO reason why they can't be detained at the border,and their home nations charged for the expenses involved with feeding them and taking care of their health-care needs. If they refuse to pay,we seize all their assets in the US until they do.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!