Author Topic: California Gov. Newsom sending more National Guard troops to the border  (Read 181 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
California Gov. Newsom sending more National Guard troops to the border
by: Salvador Rivera

Posted: Sep 7, 2023 / 12:10 PM CDT

Updated: Sep 7, 2023 / 12:10 PM CDT

SAN DIEGO (Border Report) — California Gov. Gavin Newsom says he is deploying more National Guard troops to the border to help fight the opioid crisis.

According to the governor’s office, anywhere from 40 to 60 additional soldiers will be sent to the four U.S. ports of entry along the California-Mexico border to support the interdiction of illicit drugs, especially fentanyl.

Newsom believes U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s narcotic search operations require further support in light of nearly a six-fold increase in the amount of seized fentanyl in California last year.

The troops will operate vehicle X-ray systems used for detecting the transportation and concealment of narcotics and will not be involved with the interdiction or processing of migrants.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/border-crime/california-gov-newsom-sending-more-national-guard-troops-to-the-border/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: California Gov. Newsom sending more National Guard troops to the border
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2023, 06:06:31 pm »
I'm glad it's only to fight the opioid and not stop illegal immigration. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson