Author Topic: Why the North Korea-Russia alliance is worrying America  (Read 265 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why the North Korea-Russia alliance is worrying America
« on: September 07, 2023, 01:15:55 pm »
 Why the North Korea-Russia alliance is worrying America
by Brad Dress - 09/07/23 6:00 AM ET

The U.S. is bristling over a potential military support deal between North Korea and Russia, which would likely further entrench the grinding war in Ukraine and bolster Pyongyang’s nuclear aims.

North Korea is considering supplying Moscow with artillery rounds and rockets in return for critical technology and food, in a deal that could be inked later this month during a planned visit by North Korean leader Kim Jong Un to Moscow.

David Maxwell, the vice president at the Center for Asia Pacific Strategy, said it was in both North Korean and Russian interests to follow through on the deal, and Kim especially might see a trade as another way to bolster his image.

“From a North Korean perspective, I think Kim Jong Un values the meeting because it makes him appear as somewhat relevant,” Maxwell said. “I’m sure that we’ll see their domestic internal propaganda spin this as one of the quasi-great powers coming to beg for aid from North Korea.”

North Korea has not directly supported Russia’s armed forces during the war in Ukraine, although Pyongyang did reportedly supply the mercenary company Wagner Group with rockets and artillery. That led to U.S. sanctions against North Korean entities responsible for the arms transfers.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/4190956-why-the-north-korea-russia-alliance-is-worrying-america/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Re: Why the North Korea-Russia alliance is worrying America
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2023, 01:39:36 pm »

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Why the North Korea-Russia alliance is worrying America
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2023, 02:12:01 pm »
So, North Korea is supplying weapons to the Russians?  Stalin and Mao must be rolling over in their graves.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.