Author Topic: Democrats Form a Circular Firing Squad  (Read 240 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Democrats Form a Circular Firing Squad
« on: September 07, 2023, 11:48:58 am »
Democrats Form a Circular Firing Squad
Opinion by Daniel Henninger

14h

The idea of circular firing squads in politics is usually associated with House Republicans. But we may never have seen anything like the circle of mutual Democratic destruction taking place in New York among Mayor Eric Adams, Gov. Kathy Hochul and the party’s nominal leader, President Joe Biden.

The issue is illegal migrants and the so far unanswerable question is where to put the more than 107,000 who have poured into the city the past two years. With migrants, New York is no longer a sanctuary city. It’s a Democratic battleground.

New York’s Democrats want the migrant problem fixed, because if it festers, disgusted state voters likely will elect more Republicans to the U.S. House next year, as they did in 2022 when the GOP won a net gain of three seats. An August Siena College Poll found 82% of New Yorkers consider the migrant influx a serious problem. The Biden White House, apparently, does not. It has stiffed every request for help from New York—as well as from Democratic governors in Illinois and Massachusetts.

Even by the standards of thought-free progressive compulsion, Joe Biden’s southern-border policy never made sense. What other than a crisis did they expect as millions waded across the Rio Grande? But even after the crossings became a domestic-policy debacle, attacked by Arizona’s Democrats, Team Biden let it rip.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/democrats-form-a-circular-firing-squad/ar-AA1gluof?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=d8c059836e1d43139a547aa778e942b6&ei=11
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Democrats Form a Circular Firing Squad
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2023, 11:55:44 am »
  What other than a crisis did they expect as millions waded across the Rio Grande? 

An outbreak of some kind of disease(s) caused by non-vetting of the health of all these people would be a good guess.  Since there have been no outbreaks we have been told of, the administration has hired COVID again to interfere with the next election.  But there is still time for leprosy to breakout or a small pox epidemic.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson