Author Topic: Democrats Expected To Oppose Republican-Led Legislation Banning Return Of Forced Masking  (Read 293 times)

Offline Kamaji

Democrats Expected To Oppose Republican-Led Legislation Banning Return Of Forced Masking

BY: JORDAN BOYD
SEPTEMBER 06, 2023

Democrats are expected to oppose Republican-led legislation that would permanently ban mask mandates for Americans on public transposition, on airplanes, and in classrooms that are funded by taxpayer dollars.

The “Freedom to Breathe Act,” introduced by Senator JD Vance on Tuesday and co-sponsored by Sens. Josh Hawley, Eric Schmitt, and Mike Braun, seeks to bar federal bureaucrats, including the recently masked President Joe Biden, from forcing Americans to cover their faces in coming months. Before December 2024, the bill states that no cash collected from hardworking Americans by the government may be used to create or enforce forced masking.

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1699112083965579649

“We tried mask mandates once in this country. They failed to control the spread of respiratory viruses, violated basic bodily freedom, and set our fellow citizens against one another,” Vance said in a statement. “This legislation will ensure that no federal bureaucracy, no commercial airline, and no public school can impose the misguided policies of the past. Democrats say they’re not going to bring back mask mandates – we’re going to hold them to their word.”

The bill is a response to the renewed push by schools, universities, businesses, hospitals, and health officials in major cities to usher in another round of Covid tyranny across the U.S. as virus cases spike.

There is overwhelming evidence that masks don’t work to stop the spread of Covid. Even the CDC admits that the cloth face coverings many Americans used to buy participation in public life over the last three years grant little protection against the virus.

Even if masks did work, as retired National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Anthony Fauci erroneously suggested on national television over the weekend, even though he knows better, a majority of Americans confessed last year that they were unwilling to comply with authoritarian actions like universal masking again. Opposition to forced face coverings only appears to grow each time pollsters ask about it.

Despite the unpopularity of mandated masking, a senior Senate aide told The Federalist that Senate Democrats are expected to oppose the GOP legislation.

Source:  https://thefederalist.com/2023/09/06/democrats-expected-to-oppose-republican-led-legislation-banning-return-of-forced-masking/

Offline The_Reader_David

A one word answer to all the COVID hysteria past and present:  Sweden.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
They just want to mask up so they can hide their faces for the next round of pre-election looting. All they need is an incident...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

A one word answer to all the COVID hysteria past and present:  Sweden.

I have two words... And neither one is 'Sweden'  :laugh:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Where, in the United States Consitution, is the Federal Government given dominion over face coverings?

That un-enumerated power belongs to the People or the States.

////00000////

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.