Author Topic: Trump’s co-defendants are already starting to turn against him  (Read 564 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Trump’s co-defendants are already starting to turn against him

There’s a nascent courtroom strategy by some people close to Donald Trump: Heap blame on the former president.

By Josh Gerstein and Kyle Cheney

09/05/2023 05:00 AM EDT

The finger-pointing among Donald Trump’s inner circle has begun.

And as his four criminal cases march toward trials, some of his aides, allies and co-defendants are pointing at the former president.

In court documents and hearings, lawyers for people in Trump’s orbit — both high-level advisers and lesser known associates — are starting to reveal glimmers of a tried-and-true strategy in cases with many defendants: Portray yourself as a hapless pawn while piling blame on the apparent kingpin.

“History has shown the 18 co-defendants that Donald doesn’t care about anyone but himself,” said Michael Cohen, Trump’s former lawyer, referring to the 18 people charged alongside Trump in the Georgia election racketeering case.

“I suspect it will be every defendant for himself,” Cohen added.

more
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/09/05/trump-cases-defendants-flipping-00113910
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

Re: Trump’s co-defendants are already starting to turn against him
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2023, 06:14:39 pm »
Not good news for Trump
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2023, 05:49:30 pm »
“I suspect it will be every defendant for himself,” Cohen added.

As it should be.  Why should any of the other defendants put Trump's interests ahead of their own? I just don't get that.

In any case, what all of the defendants should be prepared to do is to tell the truth if it helps them personally, or just plead the Fifth if it doesn't.  How it impacts the other defendants should have no bearing on the decision each of them has to make.

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2023, 05:58:28 pm »
Not good news for Trump

No.  His goose is cooked and how many will turn the tables on him to save themselves whether they tell the truth or not?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.