Author Topic: Dem Rep. Beyer: Biden Won’t Allow Auto Workers to Strike for Demands, We Can’t Have a Strike ‘After  (Read 424 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dem Rep. Beyer: Biden Won’t Allow Auto Workers to Strike for Demands, We Can’t Have a Strike ‘After all the Inflation’

Ian Hanchett 6 Sep 2023

On Tuesday’s broadcast of Bloomberg’s “Sound On,” Rep. Don Beyer (D-VA) predicted that there won’t be a strike by auto workers because the White House will step in “to make sure that they don’t strike against the Big Three” and that a strike is the last thing we need “especially after all the inflation” that drove up the price of cars in the past couple of years.

Host Joe Mathieu asked, [relevant exchange begins around 8:25] “Are we in for an auto strike in this country?”

Beyer answered, “I sure hope not. I know the language is strong. I know, Joe, when you go to sell a car, you try to start at list price, no matter where you end up. And it sounds like that’s what the union has done, is they’ve started with a very high, manufacturer-suggested retail agreement. And they have to be ready to negotiate it down. By the way, this administration, Joe Biden and his folks, have done a really good job of intervening again and again, on the longshoremen, on the UPS, I certainly expect that we will see the White House intervening to make sure that they don’t strike against the Big Three.”

Beyer added, “[T]he last thing we need to do, especially after all the inflation that affected new cars and used cars in the last couple of years, we would look at supply shortages again and driving up prices. That would be a terrible thing for the American consumer.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/09/06/dem-rep-beyer-biden-wont-allow-auto-worker-strike-for-their-demands-we-cant-have-a-strike-after-all-the-inflation/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Union workers gonna learn it's not about the union - it's about the Rat party.
The Republic is lost.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Union workers gonna learn it's not about the union - it's about the Rat party.

Always has been.

Online DefiantMassRINO

Dem SuperPAC's want UAW to take one for the team.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
WTF does this guy know about making cars? 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: