Author Topic: ‘Unacceptable’: California Official Calls On Biden To Restart DNA Testing Of Migrants  (Read 587 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Unacceptable’: California Official Calls On Biden To Restart DNA Testing Of Migrants

JENNIE TAER
INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER
September 05, 2023
12:51 PM ET
FONT SIZE:

A California county official asked President Joe Biden to restart DNA testing of migrant families, in a letter sent Tuesday.

Shortly after entering office in 2021, Biden rescinded the Trump administration’s DNA collection program used to verify the identities of migrants. San Diego County Supervisor Jim Desmond expressed concerns about the Biden administration ending the program, saying it could be exploited for human trafficking and the exploitation of children.

“Today, I sent a letter to the Federal Government and President urging them to reimplement DNA testing, accompanied by severe penalties for adults who resist compliance. This is a rational and morally imperative step toward dismantling the vile practice of using children for criminal purposes,” Desmond wrote Tuesday on Twitter. (RELATED: The Biden Admin Is Ushering Tens Of Thousands Of Migrants Each Month To Work In The US Through Key Border Program)

https://dailycaller.com/2023/09/05/unacceptable-california-official-calls-on-biden-to-restart-dna-testing-of-migrants/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online mountaineer

UPDATE

Jennie Taer 🇮🇱🇺🇸
@JennieSTaer
EXCLUSIVE: It appears I may have been accidentally put in an internal DHS email chain, where officials discussed how to respond to WaPo about DNA testing migrants. The emails say the FBI has a 15 month backlog on DNA testing & is running out of $ for it  ...
Daily Caller

https://twitter.com/JennieSTaer/status/1740756441051611181
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org