Author Topic: Former Army Captain Larry L. Taylor to Receive Medal of Honor for Vietnam War Heroism  (Read 235 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Former Army Captain Larry L. Taylor to Receive Medal of Honor for Vietnam War Heroism
by SOFREP
1 day ago

Chattanooga Native’s Valor Recognized Decades Later

Former U.S. Army Captain Larry L. Taylor, a Chattanooga native, will receive the Medal of Honor at the White House on Tuesday, September 5, for his extraordinary heroism and conspicuous gallantry during the Vietnam War in 1968. This long-overdue recognition comes as a testament to Taylor’s fearless actions as a helicopter pilot with Troop D (Air), 1st Squadron, 4th Cavalry, 1st Infantry Division.

Rescue Under Fire: Taylor’s Daring Helicopter Heroics
On June 18, 1968, then-1st Lt Taylor was part of a two-helicopter team dispatched to support a four-man long-range reconnaissance patrol team in peril near the hamlet of Ap Go Cong, Republic of Vietnam. Taylor and his wingman, both piloting AH-1G Cobra helicopter gunships, embarked on a harrowing mission that would ultimately define his legacy.

Departing from their Phu Loi base, Taylor and his wingman arrived at the contact site just northeast of Saigon a few minutes later. Their objective: To locate and rescue the besieged patrol team. What followed was 45 minutes of relentless and courageous action as Taylor and his wingman conducted low-level attack runs, strafing the enemy with mini-guns and rockets while braving intense ground fire.

https://sofrep.com/news/former-army-captain-larry-l-taylor-to-receive-medal-of-honor-for-vietnam-war-heroism/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Some guys clank when they walk...

:patriot:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis