Author Topic: Donald Trump and the coming ordeal by Byron York  (Read 429 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Donald Trump and the coming ordeal by Byron York
« on: September 05, 2023, 05:26:30 pm »
Donald Trump and the coming ordeal
Byron York

September 05, 2023 12:07 PM

DONALD TRUMP AND THE COMING ORDEAL. A Wall Street Journal national poll over the Labor Day weekend has shaken some observers' views of the 2024 Republican presidential campaign. The bottom line: It's no longer a two-man race between former President Donald Trump and Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL). Trump has pulled so far ahead and DeSantis has fallen so far behind that it is now inaccurate to characterize the two as locked in a head-to-head battle.

The numbers: Trump was the choice of 59% of poll respondents, while DeSantis was the choice of 13%. After DeSantis came former South Carolina Gov. and U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley at 8% and entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy at 5%.

In an earlier Wall Street Journal poll, in April, Trump led DeSantis 48 to 24 — a 24-point lead. Now, it's 59 to 13 — a 46-point lead. "What was once a two-man race for the nomination has collapsed into a lopsided contest in which Trump, for now, has no formidable challenger," the Wall Street Journal wrote.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/donald-trump-and-the-coming-ordeal
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Kamaji

Re: Donald Trump and the coming ordeal by Byron York
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2023, 05:36:00 pm »
The DNC's campaign to snooker the GOP into nominating Trump is working.  More's the pity.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2023, 06:40:30 pm »
Trump leads in the polls because we believe he leads in the polls.

If we stop believing that Trump leads in the polls, Trump may stop leading the polls.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2023, 07:46:57 pm »
Republicans are committing dramacide right before my eyes. They ain't serious about any damn thing, all the way down to the rank and file. Bumper stickers and Brylcreem, all the way around. To the few Conservatives left in that mess: We need to find another home.