Author Topic: Biden admin quietly reverses Trump-era rule, bans transporting fossil fuels by train  (Read 532 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Tell me this isn't a religion:
"This victory can, and must, go deeper," Matt Smith, a director with Food & Water Watch, said in a statement. "The Biden administration should take action to eliminate the threat of fracked gas bomb trains entirely, and it must do more to stop new fossil fuel projects across the country."

Wow, what a long pejorative string he has.

History of accidents in the LNG industry ( to 2008)https://www.laohamutuk.org/Oil/LNG/app4.htm
An earlier take when the deregulation was fresh:

https://beniciaindependent.com/tags/liquefied-natural-gas/
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I don't think this will have any effect on the transport of propane via tank cars.

That's been going on for many years.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Ban energy pipelines.

Ban energy from traveling by train.

Leaves transportation by barge and by truck.

Decreases available supply.  Increases cost of bringing supplies to markets.  Contributes to higher inflation.

Buying energy from Venezuela, Iran, and Saudi Arabia is okay; but, buying energy from Texas and North Dakota is banned.

Why does Biden hate American energy?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.