Author Topic: Happy Days Here Again? Labor Day Hokum From Hochul  (Read 184 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Happy Days Here Again? Labor Day Hokum From Hochul
« on: September 05, 2023, 04:39:03 pm »
Happy Days Here Again? Labor Day Hokum From Hochul
September 01, 2023

Just in time for Labor Day, New York Gov. Kathy Hochul announced a jobs program for tens of thousands of border crossers and illegal aliens pouring into her sanctuary state weekly, even as 380,000 New Yorkers remain unemployed.

The Democrat governor authorized the New York State Department of Labor (DOL) to connect migrants with employers. “DOL career experts will work with individuals to assess skills, work history, education, career interests and more, and connect them with employers across the state,” Hochul said in a statement.

While quixotically supporting Biden administration policies that have stuffed the Big Apple with more than 100,000 migrants over the past year, Hochul called on Washington to “expedite work authorizations through executive actions like granting and extending Temporary Protected Status.” She is also lobbying for still broader use of “humanitarian parole” to move more migrants into the country.

Hochul got a receptive hearing at the White House this week when federal officials pledged to practically chase down migrants and shove work authorization papers in their pockets. The administration announced it will work with the state and New York City in September on “a month of action” to get more aliens onto payrolls.

https://www.fairus.org/blog/2023/09/01/happy-days-here-again-labor-day-hokum-hochul
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson