Author Topic: ’Predictable': Family units trying to enter U.S. illegally spiking due to Biden rule, experts say  (Read 187 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
’Predictable': Family units trying to enter U.S. illegally spiking due to Biden rule, experts say
Family units, who are arriving at the border at an all-time high, are exempt from a Department of Homeland Security rule prohibiting immigrants encountered between land ports of entry from seeking asylum.

By Nicholas Ballasy
Updated: September 4, 2023 - 9:55pm

The record number of "family units" attempting to cross into the U.S. at the border hit a record high at 91,000 in August, which immigration policy experts say was entirely predictable due to a Biden administration rule change.

August is now the highest month this year for overall U.S. Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) migrant encounters, based on a report of preliminary agency data.

"Notwithstanding the administration’s claim that they are refusing to consider asylum claims from people encountered between ports of entry, the rule they adopted has huge loopholes. Among those explicitly exempted are family units," Ira Mehlman, a spokesperson for the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR), told Just the News on Friday.

https://justthenews.com/government/congress/predictable-family-units-trying-enter-us-illegally-spiking-due-biden-rule
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson