Author Topic: Live Stream: Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton’s Impeachment Trial  (Read 10410 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bob Price and Lana Shadwick

5 Sep 2023

The impeachment trial of suspended Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton begins at 9 a.m. CDT on Tuesday. The trial is expected to last at least two to three weeks as House impeachment managers present witness testimony and more than 4,000 pages of evidence.

Paxton faces trial in the modified Senate chamber of the Texas Capitol for abuse of public trust and bribery as expressed in the 20 Articles of Impeachment passed by a vote of 121-23. The bipartisan votes for impeachment came from 60 Republican legislators and 61 Democrats. Only 23 Republican legislators voted against the impeachment. Under the Texas Constitution, Paxton was suspended immediately from his position as Attorney General of Texas.

more with live stream
https://www.breitbart.com/border/2023/09/05/live-stream-texas-attorney-general-ken-paxtons-impeachment-trial-day-1/
« Last Edit: September 06, 2023, 11:26:03 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
We have six senators consistently voting to do the right thing and dismiss this sham with prejudice. Twenty-four, including Charles Schwertner, voting consistently to continue with it.

Kinda writes you a book doesn't it?

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Idiot

We have six senators consistently voting to do the right thing and dismiss this sham with prejudice. Twenty-four, including Charles Schwertner, voting consistently to continue with it.

Kinda writes you a book doesn't it?

Sham?  I think we need to let the evidence speak for itself.  Paxton is not a good guy.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Sham?  I think we need to let the evidence speak for itself.  Paxton is not a good guy.

There is no F'n evidence @Jack Russell ! Not one scintilla of it! Hearsay and inuendo is ALL they have!

Ken Paxton is the most successful AG in the U.S. at winning cases against the regime!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2023, 03:28:28 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

Two words:  Witch Hunt
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Two words:  Witch Hunt

:yowsa: Absolutely! And because this crap wasn't summarily dismissed the lawfare bastards have won!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

I'm curious as to what this is all about.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I'm curious as to what this is all about.

It's about Ken Paxton having won over 90% of the cases he's filed against the Biden and Obama administrations! Nothing more than that!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Which part of Texas are you from?  Austin?   :silly:

Phelan (GOP Speaker from my area) is 10X more corrupt.  He's the one spearheading this shit.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
THE reason they are trying to get rid of Paxton!!

Although the headline in the photo is BS! Paxton sued states for violations of their own election laws.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2023, 06:42:35 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Idiot

There is no F'n evidence @Jack Russell ! Not one scintilla of it! Hearsay and inuendo is ALL they have!

Ken Paxton is the most successful AG in the U.S. at winning cases against the regime!

His fellow republicans voted to have this trial.  Let's see how this plays out.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

It doesn't matter what happens now. The lawfare bastards have already done what they set out to do.

The process is the punishment!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me

Crooked republicans voted to have this trial. 
Let it burn.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
People I know work with him.  They are the ones saying he's not a great guy.  I've never met the guy.

I've known HIM since he was a member of the Texas house. He was somewhat unpopular in that body because of his uncompromising nature when it came to conservative issues.

Nothing changed in that regard when he became AG. If one is going to make an omelet one MUST break some eggs! Paxton broke eggs!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Crooked republicans voted to have this trial.

People whose political pockets get lined by such people as Texans for Lawsuit Reform!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Idiot

I've known HIM since he was a member of the Texas house. He was somewhat unpopular in that body because of his uncompromising nature when it came to conservative issues.

Nothing changed in that regard when he became AG. If one is going to make an omelet one MUST break some eggs! Paxton broke eggs!

:shrug:

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Defense attorneys fire back against allegations and evidence

Texas Tribune  https://www.texastribune.org/2023/09/05/ken-paxton-impeachment-trial-live-updates/

In a fiery response to the House impeachment managers’ opening statements, Ken Paxton’s lawyer Tony Buzbee argued that “this whole case is a whole lot of nothing.”

In a nearly hour-long speech, Buzbee and defense attorney Dan Cogdell made sweeping promises that he and his legal team will disprove accusations in the impeachment articles by showing photos of home renovations and documents that refute allegations, including that Paxton’s political donor Nate Paul paid for his home renovations, and claiming there is no evidence that Paxton used burner phones or secret emails to communicate, as alleged by the House managers.

Paxton’s lawyers also said many of the allegations are based on assumptions that will be disproven — and vowed that there is not enough evidence on any count to prove the attorney general’s guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

Buzbee criticized the media and the gag order imposed by Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick that prevented Paxton and his lawyers from responding to allegations and media reports leading up to the trial.

He and Cogdell also made a political argument that if the Senate votes to impeach and remove Paxton from office, they are undermining the will of the voters who elected him, while detailing Paxton’s conservative record as attorney general.

“What happens here will have consequences no matter how it turns out,” Buzbee said. “If this misguided effort is successful, which I am confident it will not be, the precedent would be perilous for any elected official.”

— Kate McGee

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Dan Patrick rules in favor of suspended Texas AG Ken Paxton in first major move of impeachment trial

Salon

Acting as a trial judge, the Republican lieutenant governor of Texas ruled in favor of the embattled Republican AG

After Senators resoundingly rejected all of Attorney General Ken Paxton motions to dismiss articles of impeachment against him Tuesday morning, Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick handed Paxton a small victory by ruling that he cannot be forced to testify as a witness in his trial before the Texas Senate.

The Senate-approved rules for the trial gave Patrick, who is acting as the presiding officer, or judge, the power to issue subpoenas to compel the attendance of witnesses.

Paxton had stated that he would not testify in the trial, and his lead lawyer, Tony Buzbee said in a statement in early July that Paxton "will not dignify the illegal House action by testifying."

His lawyers followed by filing a pretrial motion asking the Senate to excuse Paxton from testifying, arguing that the trial is a criminal proceeding, giving Paxton the same legal protections as a criminal defendant who would not be forced to testify.

More: https://www.salon.com/2023/09/05/dan-patrick-rules-in-favor-of-suspended-texas-ag-ken-paxton-in-first-major-move-of-impeachment-trial/

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
“If this misguided effort is successful, which I am confident it will not be, the precedent would be perilous for any elected official.”

:yowsa: Any current or future elected official as well as anyone contemplating the possibility of trying to become one!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Dan Patrick rules in favor of suspended Texas AG Ken Paxton in first major move of impeachment trial

Salon

Acting as a trial judge, the Republican lieutenant governor of Texas ruled in favor of the embattled Republican AG

After Senators resoundingly rejected all of Attorney General Ken Paxton motions to dismiss articles of impeachment against him Tuesday morning, Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick handed Paxton a small victory by ruling that he cannot be forced to testify as a witness in his trial before the Texas Senate.

The Senate-approved rules for the trial gave Patrick, who is acting as the presiding officer, or judge, the power to issue subpoenas to compel the attendance of witnesses.

Paxton had stated that he would not testify in the trial, and his lead lawyer, Tony Buzbee said in a statement in early July that Paxton "will not dignify the illegal House action by testifying."

His lawyers followed by filing a pretrial motion asking the Senate to excuse Paxton from testifying, arguing that the trial is a criminal proceeding, giving Paxton the same legal protections as a criminal defendant who would not be forced to testify.

More: https://www.salon.com/2023/09/05/dan-patrick-rules-in-favor-of-suspended-texas-ag-ken-paxton-in-first-major-move-of-impeachment-trial/

And followed up by allowing Rusty Hardin to run wild.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Snookered Dade Phelan.......   This drunkard is the one running this kangaroo court on Paxton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6VuQsKihWk
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Sins of Kenneth Warren Paxton.

1. Consistently vote for Conservative bills as a member of The Texas House.

2. Run against RINO Joe Straus for speakership of Texas House.

3. Consistently vote for conservative legislation in Texas Senate.

4. Run for Texas AG and win repeatedly. Most recently defeating RINO George P. Bush handily.

5. Repeatedly win court cases filed against Presidents Obama and Biden. (90% plus success.)

6. Publicly call out RINO Speaker of Texas House Dade Phelan for being drunk while presiding at a Texas House session.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2023, 08:39:54 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Sins of Kenneth Warren Paxton.

1. Consistently vote for Conservative bills as a member of The Texas House.

2. Run against RINO Joe Straus for speakership of Texas House.

3. Consistently vote for conservative legislation in Texas Senate.

4. Run for Texas AG and win repeatedly. Most recently defeating RINO George P. Bush handily.

5. Repeatedly win court cases filed against Presidents Obama and Biden. (90% plus success.)

6. Publicly call out RINO Speaker of Texas House Dade Phelan for being drunk while presiding at a Texas House session.

I think #4 (defeating George P.) and #6 above are specifically what triggered this impeachment.  I have no insider information, I am a complete outsider, so that's just my impression.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2023, 06:03:02 pm by Ghost Bear »
Let it burn.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I think #4 (defeating George P.) and #6 above are specifically what triggered this impeachment.  I have no insider information, I am a complete outsider, so that's just my impression.

Your head is screwed on very straight @Ghost Bear

- J. R. R. Tolkien