Author Topic: Texas Land Commissioner Says New Federal Regulation May ‘Cripple’ Oil and Gas  (Read 753 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas Scorecard by  Katy Marshall September 4, 2023

A U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service proposal would designate the Dune Sagebrush Lizard as an endangered species.

Texas Land Commissioner Dawn Buckingham is concerned that a recent push from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service may lead to problems for the state’s oil and gas industry.

The federal agency proposed in July that the Dune Sagebrush Lizard (DSL) be labeled an endangered species under the Endangered Species Act of 1973.

The lizard is native to West Texas and New Mexico, with much of the population inhabiting the Permian Basin—which supplies almost 40 percent of U.S. oil production and 15 percent of the country’s natural gas production.

The USFWS argues that the DSL is “highly susceptible” to habitat loss and that destroying the lizard’s food source and the sand dunes it often inhabits may hinder the species’ survival.

The agency claims that oil and gas industry activity, including surface exploration, exploratory drilling, and oil field development, directly results in habitat loss for the DSL. They concluded by saying, “Threats are so pervasive and severe across the species range that they heighten the risk of extinction for the dunes sagebrush lizard in the near future.”

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/texas-land-commissioner-says-new-federal-regulation-may-cripple-oil-and-gas/

Offline Kamaji

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Texas Land Commissioner Says New Federal Regulation May ‘Cripple’ Oil and Gas..."

That's exactly what it's SUPPOSED to do.
Do you really expect anything else from these people?

(well, yes, I do. I expect a plethora of MORE restrictions and outright prohibitions before Jan. 20, 2025)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"Texas Land Commissioner Says New Federal Regulation May ‘Cripple’ Oil and Gas..."

That's exactly what it's SUPPOSED to do.
Do you really expect anything else from these people?

(well, yes, I do. I expect a plethora of MORE restrictions and outright prohibitions before Jan. 20, 2025)

:yowsa:  pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MajorClay

Time for Texit?

Offline Hoodat

Meanwhile, the Biden regime continues to sell off our Strategic Petroleum Reserve.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The oil and gas industry has the smallest surface footprint ever, with the least environmental disruption for the acreage produced. Allow pipelines, and it would be even less.

But it's okay to drive over countless fairy shrimp to escape the 'hardships' of Burning Man.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis