Author Topic: EVs just could be the 'biggest scam of modern times'  (Read 1099 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
EVs just could be the 'biggest scam of modern times'
« on: September 04, 2023, 11:23:53 am »
WND By Richard Blakley 9/1/2023

Exclusive: Richard Blakley explains why every electric pickup truck owner needs a good trailer

My family and I were traveling when we were passed by a gasoline-powered truck pulling a sickeningly eco-green colored trailer with an EV truck on it (above). Why was this new super-duper environmentally friendly truck being towed by the environmentally "destroying" gasoline-powered vehicle? A little research revealed the answer. The driver was towing his super-duper truck because this is the tried-and-true way to get an electric vehicle from one location to another.

Comparing EV trucks to gasoline-powered trucks, the contrast is shocking. While the Ford F-150 Lightning EV truck's claimed range is 320 miles, the range is actually closer to 270 miles. Thus, according to the Pickup Truck Talk website, the rig must "stop every 3.5 hours, find a charger, make sure the charger works, and then wait an inconsistent amount of time (chargers have different rates of charge) to get back on the road again." Claimed charging time is 30-45 minutes. EV advocates allege this is the same amount of time to fill a gasoline-powered vehicle. Additionally, they say "nobody fully charges." On trips, I always fill my gas tank in far less than 40 minutes.

Of course, everything changes during cold winter months. Lightning's range drops 35% during freezing conditions due to heating the cabin, reducing the range to 175.5 miles. Conventional internal combustion engines use engine heat to warm the cabin.

Trucks are purchased to haul things. The Lightning driving range decreases 24.5% carrying 20 bags of concrete mix (~1,400 pounds), dropping the range to around 204 miles. During freezing weather, this range drops to 133 miles.

Then of course there is vacation season. A Lightning was compared to a GMC Sierra 1500 half-ton gas-powered 6.2-liter V-8 truck. Hitched to identical 6,000-pound campers, the Sierra's driving range was 280 miles, while the Lightning's driving range reduced immediately to 160 miles, but it "barely made it 88 miles before requiring a charge." "Sucking down the electricity much faster than anticipated, the data offered on the screen in the EV truck didn't show accurate range estimates."

More: https://www.wnd.com/2023/09/evs-just-biggest-scam-modern-times/

Online mountaineer

Re: EVs just could be the 'biggest scam of modern times'
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2023, 05:03:42 pm »
Scott Lincicome
@scottlincicome

Energy Secretary Granholm recently took 4-day EV caravan trip across the southeast to "draw attention to the billions of dollars the White House is pouring into green energy and clean cars."

What happened next is like a scene out of VEEP:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2023, 05:04:41 pm »
Scott Lincicome
@scottlincicome

Energy Secretary Granholm recently took 4-day EV caravan trip across the southeast to "draw attention to the billions of dollars the White House is pouring into green energy and clean cars."

What happened next is like a scene out of VEEP:

:facepalm2:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2023, 09:10:07 pm »
I disagree.

Communism is the biggest scam of modern times. It promises freedom,and delivers slavery.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2023, 03:31:21 pm »
Speaking of EV-related scams:

RNC Research
@RNCResearch
In 2021, Democrats gave Biden $7.5 billion (in taxpayer dollars) to build new electric vehicle charging stations.
Biden frequently mumbles about it in his speeches.
As of today, a grand total of ZERO have been built.
9:46 AM · Dec 5, 2023
Congress provided $7.5B for electric vehicle chargers. Built so far: Zero.
The sluggish rollout could undermine President Joe Biden’s reelection messaging promoting electric vehicles.
By James Bikales
12/05/2023 05:00 AM EST

Congress at the urging of the Biden administration agreed in 2021 to spend $7.5 billion to build tens of thousands of electric vehicle chargers across the country, aiming to appease anxious drivers while tackling climate change.

Two years later, the program has yet to install a single charger.  ...

Consumer demand for electric vehicles is rising in the United States, necessitating six times as many chargers on its roads by the end of the decade, according to federal estimates. But not a single charger funded by the bipartisan infrastructure law has come online and odds are they will not be able to start powering Americans’ vehicles until at least 2024. ...
More at Politico

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2023, 03:58:11 pm »
Could?  Include the entire Climate debacle, and it wins "biggest scam" award hands down.......

Second place?  Bottled Water.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2023, 04:46:04 pm »
I'm all in for COVID as being the biggest scam in the history of the world.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2023, 07:02:21 pm »
Another day, another scam. It's the Democrat way.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2023, 07:08:46 pm »
My vote for 'biggest scam of modern times' are bio-fuels ... using corn and soybeans for fuel increases global food prices ... using palm oil causes destruction of rain forest habitat to create palm oil plantations.

EV's also cause environmental destruction to mine the minerals necessary to make the batteries.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2023, 07:09:57 pm »
My vote for 'biggest scam of modern times' are bio-fuels ... using corn and soybeans for fuel increases global food prices ... using palm oil causes destruction of rain forest habitat to create palm oil plantations.

EV's also cause environmental destruction to mine the minerals necessary to make the batteries.

Another good choice.  Smells like an opportunity for a patented Corbe poll.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.