Author Topic: Squatters ravage Wyoming downtown with stomach-turning result: mayor  (Read 826 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Squatters ravage Wyoming downtown with stomach-turning result: mayor
Homeless left estimated 500 pounds of feces in downtown Casper
By Emma Colton Fox News
Published September 3, 2023 5:28pm EDT

Homeless squatters in Casper, Wyoming, "destroyed" a local motel, which would require millions of dollars to repair, and left hundreds of pounds of human feces in the downtown area, according to the city’s mayor.

"It’s like nothing I’ve ever seen. It’s third-world-country stuff happening in Casper, Wyoming," Mayor Bruce Knell told the Cowboy State Daily last week.

Casper is Wyoming’s second-most populous city, with just shy of 60,000 residents while the city’s homeless population is about 200 people, according to Knell.

The mayor said homeless individuals moved into a vacant Econo Lodge motel and left it with millions of dollars of repairs. Others have moved into abandoned homes with no running water or electricity.

"They destroyed everything," he said. "It’s horrible."

The motel previously closed due to flooding and was taken over by homeless squatters who caused millions in damage, according to the mayor.

"It was inhabitable, and it was unsafe," Knell said.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/squatters-ravage-wyoming-downtown-with-stomach-turning-result-mayor
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: Squatters ravage Wyoming downtown with stomach-turning result: mayor
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2023, 11:17:51 pm »
Were police completely unaware of this? Something makes no sense here.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2023, 04:07:39 am »
@roamer_1

Any inside baseball on this?
The Republic is lost.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2023, 05:48:00 am »
@roamer_1

Any inside baseball on this?

Nope @Free Vulcan ... Long way off and most of my friends are in the Tetons in the western part of the state... The other side of the hump is a whole nuther world from here.  :shrug:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2023, 08:17:32 am »
From:Squatters take over Wyoming city: Vagrants leave millions of dollars worth of damage to motel and 500lbs of human feces in downtown area - as Casper fights off a homeless invasion

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12476861/Squatters-Wyoming-city-Vagrants-leave-millions-dollars-worth-damage-motel-500lbs-human-feces-downtown-area-Casper-fights-homeless-invasion.html

City officials admit they have run out of ideas with how to effectively deal with the growing numbers of vagrants and note that fines and arrests do not seem to be working when it comes to sorting out the problem.
Just a question. The number of squatters was put at around 200. Either they just did a lot of squatting, or they have been eating well.  That's an average of 2 1/2 lbs per person. That's a lot of Doritos and fudge rolls.

Note that building has a flooded basement, the power panels are under water (no heat, which is why the pipes broke in the first place last winter.)

Heh. Heh. Winter is coming...

Just stop 'helping', and they'll move on.

Another view: Homeless Squatters Trash Casper Hotel, Getting Out Of Hand, Mayor Says

https://cowboystatedaily.com/2023/08/30/homeless-squatters-trash-casper-hotel-getting-out-of-hand-mayor-says/
« Last Edit: September 04, 2023, 08:26:01 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Wyoming Mayor Says 'Third-World Stuff' Happening In City Overrun With Homeless People
Tyler Durden's Photo
BY TYLER DURDEN
THURSDAY, SEP 07, 2023 - 09:20 AM
Authored by Frank Fang via The Epoch Times (emphasis ours),

A city in Wyoming has been overwhelmed with a growing number of homeless people, who have damaged a local hotel that would require millions of dollars to fix and left hundreds of pounds of human feces in the downtown area, according to its mayor.

Casper Mayor Bruce Knell, in an interview with local news media Cowboy State Daily published on Aug. 31, said the city’s homeless population had topped about 200 people, creating “a mess” as they roam the city’s parks and streets.

“It’s like nothing I’ve ever seen. It’s third-world country stuff happening in Casper, Wyoming,” Mr. Knell said.

“They destroyed everything,” he added. “It’s horrible.”

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/wyoming-mayor-says-third-world-stuff-happening-city-overrun-homeless-people
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
These homeless wouldn't have large numbers of illegals, per chance?
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson