Author Topic: The ideal place to wait out the end of the world: Survival shelter in Kansas can withstand direct nu  (Read 1335 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The ideal place to wait out the end of the world: Survival shelter in Kansas can withstand direct nuclear strike and comes with its own swimming pool, sauna, library, arcade and gym

Larry hall is an ex-US-gov-contractor and has built a luxury survial shelter
    It comes equipped with a gym, swimming pool, cinema room and rifles

By Matt Drake

Updated: 05:13 EDT, 3 September 2023

A man has built a survival shelter, but this one isn't just your average bunker.

This is a luxurious compound in Kansas, US, to help you live out your days in comfort while the rest of the world burns.

Larry Hall, an ex-US-government contractor, has created a 'Survival Condo' in Kansas, that is capable of surviving the end of the world.

In fact, it is capable of withstanding a direct nuclear strike and the reinforced concrete can withstand windspeeds of up to 500mph.

Mr Hall said: 'This project has the advantages of letting the members own a piece of history, the coolness of a missile base, the protection of a nuclear-hardened bunker, and the features of a luxury condo.'

Larry Hall bought the $15million silo in 2008 for just $300,000 (£238,000) and by 2010 he transformed 200ft deep building into a 15-story luxury pad

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/property/article-12470899/The-ideal-place-wait-end-world-Survival-shelter-Kansas-withstand-direct-nuclear-strike-comes-swimming-pool-sauna-library-arcade-gym.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Polly Ticks

Maybe so ... but you'd have to live in KANSAS. 

(I'm KIDDING!!!  Mostly.)
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Hoodat

His HVAC costs are next to zero.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

Ah ... there's no place like home.

I definitely can't afford it.  Talapia -- for 5 years and fruit and vegs?  That would get old very quickly.  I suppose if you were to buy in and store food to your liking, it would be extremely comfortable.

After 5 years, you crawl out into a world that doesn't exist???  Sounds eerie.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dfwgator

Maybe so ... but you'd have to live in KANSAS. 

(I'm KIDDING!!!  Mostly.)

Offline roamer_1

nope, Rockies... North of me, heading toward far northern BC, The Territories, and AK.

Offline libertybele

nope, Rockies... North of me, heading toward far northern BC, The Territories, and AK.

Cave dwelling -- I'm sure there are plenty, but would they be deep enough?

I'm thinking something like the Mammoth caves in KY. or Ruby Falls -- something that deep would be needed.

On impact though, would you be closed in??
« Last Edit: September 03, 2023, 08:35:05 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

Cave dwelling -- I'm sure there are plenty, but would they be deep enough?

I'm thinking something like the Mammoth caves in KY. or Ruby Falls -- something that deep would be needed.

On impact though, would you be closed in??

Enough deer? sure... but not near town where deer hunters are... fields and the forest's edge...

you have to go deep... where nobody goes... because dang few can live there. Because no one knows how.

Offline libertybele

Enough deer? sure... but not near town where deer hunters are... fields and the forest's edge...

you have to go deep... where nobody goes... because dang few can live there. Because no one knows how.

Ok, but everything around those caves/mountains will be destroyed; no wildlife, fish, nor plants.  So ample food and water would have to be brought in, or perhaps there is food and water of some sort inside those caves.  I don't have any idea.

Offline roamer_1

Ok, but everything around those caves/mountains will be destroyed; no wildlife, fish, nor plants.  So ample food and water would have to be brought in, or perhaps there is food and water of some sort inside those caves.  I don't have any idea.

Well, let me augment my reply... First  of all, a castle mentality will kill you, unless you have  massive caches that no one else can find.

To give you an idea, me, by myself, I can stay in one place for about 10 days before I have exploited an area completely. 2 weeks on the outside, a week if the pickin is poor. (Imagine how long for say, 10 or 20 ppl... a family)... So once a week, you are packing up and moving on, just to throw a new camp 5 or 10 miles down the road.

So no... castled up in a cave won't work, unless you've prepared a hella big cache.
However, moving across the land between castled (cached) locations might be a good way.

But I would intend to follow the fish and the game across the land according to the season, which means a lightweight approach, and moving often.

Offline libertybele

Well, let me augment my reply... First  of all, a castle mentality will kill you, unless you have  massive caches that no one else can find.

To give you an idea, me, by myself, I can stay in one place for about 10 days before I have exploited an area completely. 2 weeks on the outside, a week if the pickin is poor. (Imagine how long for say, 10 or 20 ppl... a family)... So once a week, you are packing up and moving on, just to throw a new camp 5 or 10 miles down the road.

So no... castled up in a cave won't work, unless you've prepared a hella big cache.
However, moving across the land between castled (cached) locations might be a good way.

But I would intend to follow the fish and the game across the land according to the season, which means a lightweight approach, and moving often.

I the event of a nuclear fallout -- fish, game and the land would be destroyed.  That was my thinking of why some sort of deep cave well stocked would be needed. 

The articles states that this silo is set up to last for 5 years -- in my mind that is provided that the talapia farm lasts, the fruits and vegs will continue to provide and water is able to be recycled from wastewater?    Then he's charging rent -- (my hubby chuckled at that one) -- how is he going to process rent? Even IF people paid him millions+ what is he going to do with all that money??? It's not like he can spend it anywhere -- perhaps payment in gold is the only thing I can think of and even at that -- not a whole lot of people are going to be inhabiting the earth after the fallout. 

It's a great concept .... but .... it leaves some question.

Offline roamer_1

I the event of a nuclear fallout -- fish, game and the land would be destroyed.  That was my thinking of why some sort of deep cave well stocked would be needed. 

The articles states that this silo is set up to last for 5 years -- in my mind that is provided that the talapia farm lasts, the fruits and vegs will continue to provide and water is able to be recycled from wastewater?    Then he's charging rent -- (my hubby chuckled at that one) -- how is he going to process rent? Even IF people paid him millions+ what is he going to do with all that money??? It's not like he can spend it anywhere -- perhaps payment in gold is the only thing I can think of and even at that -- not a whole lot of people are going to be inhabiting the earth after the fallout. 

It's a great concept .... but .... it leaves some question.

fallout doesn't go everywhere, especially in the mountains, where air current are always unsettled.
And once you get north of Vancouver, there really ain't nothing to shoot at, so no nukes and their fallout to worry about.

Besides, the animals and trees survived Chernobyl, and that is as bad as it gets. The Japs survived three nuke events on a tiny island...

Offline libertybele

fallout doesn't go everywhere, especially in the mountains, where air current are always unsettled.
And once you get north of Vancouver, there really ain't nothing to shoot at, so no nukes and their fallout to worry about.

Besides, the animals and trees survived Chernobyl, and that is as bad as it gets. The Japs survived three nuke events on a tiny island...

....point well made.  @roamer_1 I have no doubt that you will be one to survive.  :beer:

Offline roamer_1

....point well made.  @roamer_1 I have no doubt that you will be one to survive.  :beer:

Heh... yeah, maybe if I was 25 or 30... I know how... but my undercarriage don't have 4wd no more..at least not for a while... And I still need a buggy to push around with me, even to get around the house. If anything happens now, I'm boned.

right now my theory is to save the last one in the chamber from the last clip for me.  happy77

Online berdie

I just hope it drops right on top off my house. I used to think I could help rebuild and repopulate. No more to either.
And I really think society will deteriorate, more than it already has. I don't want to see it.

Offline roamer_1

I just hope it drops right on top off my house. I used to think I could help rebuild and repopulate. No more to either.
And I really think society will deteriorate, more than it already has. I don't want to see it.

C'mon up here... We'll sit on the porch with a jug of shine and watch it all fall down.  happy77 :beer:

Online berdie

C'mon up here... We'll sit on the porch with a jug of shine and watch it all fall down.  happy77 :beer:

:beer:

Offline libertybele

Heh... yeah, maybe if I was 25 or 30... I know how... but my undercarriage don't have 4wd no more..at least not for a while... And I still need a buggy to push around with me, even to get around the house. If anything happens now, I'm boned.

right now my theory is to save the last one in the chamber from the last clip for me.  happy77

Ya, well, after my hubby's recent back surgery, he's in the same boat -- he needs a 'buggy' as well.  We were hoping he'd be out of pain and able to get around better.  Not so much. Aging is difficult, that's for sure.

I still think you'll fare better where you are than the us folks left in the suburbs.

Offline libertybele

Unless we witness a miracle @berdie, things will continue to deteriorate.  I am thankful that I grew up in the era that I did and got to enjoy the freedoms that I did.  I just worry and pray for my children who realize that their freedoms are being chipped away at and pray as well for my grandchildren.  The older grandchildren have had a taste of that freedom but the younger ones, I'm afraid are going to suffer the most and the thought of the impact on my kids and grandkids, just rips my heart out.

Online berdie

Unless we witness a miracle @berdie, things will continue to deteriorate.  I am thankful that I grew up in the era that I did and got to enjoy the freedoms that I did.  I just worry and pray for my children who realize that their freedoms are being chipped away at and pray as well for my grandchildren.  The older grandchildren have had a taste of that freedom but the younger ones, I'm afraid are going to suffer the most and the thought of the impact on my kids and grandkids, just rips my heart out.

I totally agree @libertbele. It will be the younger generations affected. It is tragic. But maybe since they don't know the freedom we had, it won't be so hard on them. You don't miss what you never had.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Or if you are like me and not only like R.E.M but Homer Simpson, here's Homer singing "It's the end of the world" (Funny)

https://youtu.be/relQWH72e9Q?si=-6H-L_NvfIbyhdnl

but seriously if it comes I pray that I am at ground zero.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2023, 11:56:35 pm by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline The_Reader_David

I live in eastern Kansas, the only place west of the Mississippi that hasn't been in a drought for the past few years, just south of the area that got smoke from the Canadian wild-fires, in a county what was one of three that were non-declining real estate markets during the 2008 financial crisis.  We don't have wildfires because we do controlled burns.  Kids can still walk to school or go to the playground without someone calling social services on their parents. 

My closest colleague likes to joke about a future headline:  "World Ends.  Kansas Unaffected."
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Idiot

It for sure will fall on top of me.  I'm roughly 5 miles or less from where our tactical nukes are stored.  I probably won't live to see the bright flash...lol.