Author Topic: Fauci admits to lack of COVID mask evidence — but wants us to wear them anyway  (Read 676 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Fauci admits to lack of COVID mask evidence — but wants us to wear them anyway
By Mary Kay Linge   
September 2, 2023 8:14pm

Dr. Anthony Fauci flip-flopped once again on masking as a means to tamp down COVID-19 as he admitted that a wide-ranging study found that face masks made no difference in the course of the pandemic.

“I am concerned that people will not abide by recommendations,” Fauci told CNN’s Michael Smerconish Saturday in a segment flagging a rise in COVID cases nationwide.

Federal agencies and state and local governments decreed onerous mask mandates for airplanes, schools, public transit, restaurants, workplaces and more starting in 2020 — thanks largely to Fauci, the public face of the nation’s official COVID response.

As the White House’s chief medical adviser, Fauci gave conflicting advice on the efficacy of masking, first saying it was unnecessary for the general public, then that “universal wearing of masks is the most practical way to go.”

more
https://nypost.com/2023/09/02/fauci-admits-lack-of-covid-mask-evidence-but-still-wants-us-to-wear-them/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald

Here was Rachel Maddow, on national TV on NBC at the start of the COVID pandemic, instructing everyone not to wear masks -- masks were not just unhelpful but harmful for those without COVID symptoms. This was what Fauci said.

A month later, saying this was prohibited online:
Rachell Maddow 3/2/20: "Most of the world's population is going to get it...but most will not die from it...we don't need to change our lives drastically...[Masks are] probably not that smart...probably not that rational."

https://twitter.com/0rf/status/1585329384487276549
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

CNN challenges Fauci on the effectiveness of masks. What is going on???

https://twitter.com/libbyemmons/status/1698159209844507107

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
MUST WATCH: Fauci fumbles when CNN presents evidence that masks don't prevent Covid spread
He admitted the same in a past email to a former Obama admin official.

Sara Higdon
Sep 3, 2023
2 Minute Read

On Saturday, the former head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease, Dr. Anthony Fauci, admitted that wearing a mask to prevent the spread of COVID-19 lacked supporting data.

In an interview with CNN's Michael Smerconish, Fauci said that there are studies that "show at an individual level, for individuals, they might be protective," but "when you're talking about the effect on the epidemic or the pandemic as a whole, the data are less strong."

Fauci was asked to respond to a New York Times article where Oxford Senior Associate Tutor and epidemiologist Tom Jefferson said, "The most rigorous and comprehensive analysis of scientific studies conducted on the efficacy of masks for reducing the spread of respiratory illnesses - including COVID-19 - was published last month." The study concluded, "There is just no evidence that [masks] make any difference."

https://thepostmillennial.com/must-watch-fauci-fumbles-when-cnn-presents-evidence-that-masks-dont-prevent-covid-spread
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Mod2

Merged threads.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Fauci admits to lack of COVID mask evidence — but wants us to wear them anyway

What, is he getting a commission?

Got any other useless gestures you want us to comply with?

Something, "safe and effective", maybe?

Piss off you bloody wart.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

Learned academics finally admitting what's been written on the side of the mask box all the way along...

Why would anybody listen to these a******s?

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Learned academics finally admitting what's been written on the side of the mask box all the way along...

Why would anybody listen to these a******s?
:shrug:

I knew they were lying early on. They haven't quit much, just admit it when there is no way not to, but still want the same useless measures. .. and another shot. :thud:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

:shrug:

I knew they were lying early on. They haven't quit much, just admit it when there is no way not to, but still want the same useless measures. .. and another shot. :thud:

I knew it too, right off the get-go... but then, through painting and materials handling, I understand masks innately. And their bullcrap was evident to me from there.

Offline libertybele

Dr. Evil can kiss my royal grits!!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

A DC area elementary school — Montgomery County, Maryland — is reinstating a mask mandate — N95’s — for third graders over a few kids testing positive for covid. Here’s the letter. They’re coming with masks for your kids again. Get ready. Read this insanity.

https://twitter.com/ClayTravis/status/1699121666981298286

Offline mountaineer

Sen. J.D. Vance (R-Ohio) proposes legislation to prohibit federal mask mandates.

https://twitter.com/JDVance1/status/1699241678840664444