Author Topic: Heavy Rain at Burning Man Festival Traps 70,000 Attendees, Virus Rumors Circulate  (Read 2108 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Heavy Rain at Burning Man Festival Traps 70,000 Attendees, Virus Rumors Circulate
By Brittany Sheehan | 8:20 PM on September 02, 2023

The Burning Man Festival is held in the desert of Black Rock City, Nevada. This year's festival opened with a viral video of climate change activists blocking traffic with law enforcement responding.
Advertisement

Now, the controversy has spun into a chaotic scene the festival organizers are declaring a National Emergency. Can a festival declare a National Emergency? That's beside the point right now.

https://twitter.com/rawsalerts/status/1698086890828665163

more
https://redstate.com/brutalbrittany/2023/09/02/weather-at-burning-man-festival-traps-70000-attendees-rumors-circulate-n2163369
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Idiot

Heavy Rain at Burning Man Festival Traps 70,000 Attendees, Virus Rumors Circulate
By Brittany Sheehan | 8:20 PM on September 02, 2023

The Burning Man Festival is held in the desert of Black Rock City, Nevada. This year's festival opened with a viral video of climate change activists blocking traffic with law enforcement responding.
Advertisement

Now, the controversy has spun into a chaotic scene the festival organizers are declaring a National Emergency. Can a festival declare a National Emergency? That's beside the point right now.

https://twitter.com/rawsalerts/status/1698086890828665163

more
https://redstate.com/brutalbrittany/2023/09/02/weather-at-burning-man-festival-traps-70000-attendees-rumors-circulate-n2163369
Not to worry, the drugs will make the time fly until it dries up.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Bunch of Pikers.  Back in august of 69 a group of 400K hippies managed to survive storms, mud, lack of food for days.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I could never see why people go to Burning Man, but hey, I have older cousins who were at Woodstock. :yowsa:
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline mountaineer

With 5,000 VCs and 65,000 registered Democrats trapped in Black Rock City, Biden is under pressure to declare the event a national disaster.  :laugh:

https://twitter.com/amuse/status/1698322493998530817
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

With 5,000 VCs and 65,000 registered Democrats trapped in Black Rock City, Biden is under pressure to declare the event a national disaster.

Biden should go there with his special water podium and talk about climate change.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

Biden should go there with his special water podium and talk about climate change.
And tell them about the time his house was swept away in a mudslide.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

with his 67 Corvette...
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

Jim Acosta
@Acosta
President Biden has been briefed on the situation at the Burning Man festival, according to a White House official... via @CNN
4:25 PM · Sep 3, 2023

Rita Panahi
@RitaPanahi
Well thank god for that. Hope it didn’t trigger memories of his harrowing kitchen fire…
5:50 PM · Sep 3, 2023

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
With 5,000 VCs and 65,000 registered Democrats trapped in Black Rock City, Biden is under pressure to declare the event a national disaster.  :laugh:

https://twitter.com/amuse/status/1698322493998530817
Gotta give credit for the ziplock booties. Save water for drinking.

(I think the ziplock bag is one of the greatest and most versatile innovations known to man.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Lando Lincoln

Or more recently, about the time he wet himself.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2023, 12:37:28 pm by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline mountaineer

Yikes.
Shadow of Ezra
@ShadowofEzra

Burning Man is a poor man’s Bohemian Grove
Burning man itself is an edm flavored occult ritual of the Druids who would burn criminals and also sometimes innocent people if supply was low.
Founders of Burning Man are Larry Harvey and John Law.
Burning Man has some of the highest suicide rates for staff and volunteers.
Attendees are sacrificed spiritually by unknowingly consenting to energy harvesting of qlipothic demons and void magick.
5:42 PM · Sep 3, 2023

Offline Smokin Joe

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
So the "Burners" have had their party cancelled?   Gee, that's...awesome.

Offline Mod2

Merged threads. One is enough for Burning Man.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I never got was this "burning man" thing was supposed to be about, in any case.

Who would want to camp out on a dry lake bed in the Nevada desert in the blazing sun?

At least do it in a farmer's field, like the hippies at Woodstock.
(I was there, still have an original festival staff shirt [might be the best surviving example in the USA] and my original ticket)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Did JoePedo tell you about the time the swimming pool next to the house split open and flooded the kitchen?
The Republic is lost.

Offline berdie

At least do it in a farmer's field, like the hippies at Woodstock.
(I was there, still have an original festival staff shirt [might be the best surviving example in the USA] and my original ticket)

With some good music!

Offline Smokin Joe

More fun at Burning Man...
Hundreds of three-eyed 'dinosaur shrimp' emerge from mud pits at Burning Man as 70,000 revelers escaped flooded Nevada festival

Intense rain over the weekend during Burning Man woke a rare species
    Hundreds of fair[sic] shrimp emerged from the mud during the festival

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-12479407/Hundreds-three-eyed-dinosaur-shrimp-emerge-mud-pits-Burning-Man-70-000-revelers-escaped-flooded-Nevada-festival.html

Heavy rains that poured down on 70,000 Burning Man attendees have also awoken hundreds of three-eyed 'dinosaur shrimp' from their slumber.

The small creatures, known as fairy shrimp, were encased in a thick shell for years until rainstorms drenched the Nevada festival, typically a dry wasteland, and provided an optimal environment to hatch.

The crustaceans were spotted emerging from the mud pits as revelers escaped the flooded desert and will start laying more eggs over the next week.

Fairy shrimp are known as 'living fossils' as similar forms date back to the Cambrian Period, more than 500 million years ago.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2023, 07:42:34 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

and then there is this:

Burning Man revelers complaining about 'harrowing' escapes from flooded desert are mocked for being hysterical - as it emerges the president has been briefed

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12477027/Burning-Man-revelers-complaining-harrowing-escapes-flooded-desert-mocked-hysterical-emerges-president-briefed.html

Burning Man revelers have been mocked for complaining about their 'harrowing' escapes from the desert festival after it was hit by severe flooding.

Burners were ridiculed online after complaining they were 'trapped' - with 70,000 reported stranded over the weekend - following the rain in Nevada.

Social media users pointed out it was 'supposed to be a post-apocalyptic'-style event and they had just experience what they should have expected.

Makes me wonder how many 'rare shrimp' got squished as they drove out... :shrug:

C S Lewis

Offline Polly Ticks

Their eggs are said to have 'tenacious vitality'. They can remain in the soil for a few years before hatching in freshwater and even survive being boiled.

Wow. Tenacious indeed.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline mountaineer

Makes me wonder how many 'rare shrimp' got squished as they drove out... :shrug:
Uh oh. Call the EPA.

Offline Polly Ticks

Uh oh. Call the EPA.

They're busy following up on all the whales that are dying from the offshore wind farms.

////00000////
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra