Author Topic: Staten Island Residents Are So Frustrated With Illegal Immigrants That They Want to Secede From New  (Read 320 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Staten Island Residents Are So Frustrated With Illegal Immigrants That They Want to Secede From New York City
By Mike LaChance Sep. 2, 2023 11:00 pm114 Comments

People in Staten Island have had it with the steady flow of illegal immigrants into their community and calls are growing for the borough to secede and break away from New York City.

Staten Island is very different than other parts of New York. It is much more conservative than the other boroughs and has lots of Republicans and Trump supporters.

They don’t like how the problem is being handled by Mayor Adams. They see where this is going and they want no part of it.

Zero Hedge reports:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/09/staten-island-residents-are-so-frustrated-illegal-immigrants/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
What would Staten Island's choices be?
- Become a new municipality, but remain in NY state.
- Align with New Jersey (as a new city) - but how much of an improvement would that be?
- Too small for independent statehood
- Hmmm... perhaps try to join a non-contiguous state? Delaware?

Offline cato potatoe

A trade would be most practical.  Florida is willing to part with NE Dade and those lovely towns at the bottom end of Broward.

Online libertybele

A trade would be most practical.  Florida is willing to part with NE Dade and those lovely towns at the bottom end of Broward.

Nope.  Not willing to trade -- we have enough liberal NYers moving down.  Clean up NE Dade and parts of Broward by deportation.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.