Author Topic: Unyielding valor: The Battle of Sadr City  (Read 209 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Unyielding valor: The Battle of Sadr City
« on: September 02, 2023, 06:08:32 pm »
Unyielding valor: The Battle of Sadr City
By
Jessica Evans
Sep 1, 2023

battle of sadr city soldiers

SUMMARY
When you talk about heroism, dedication, and the American military, one battle that instantly commands respect is the Battle of Sadr City.

When you talk about heroism, dedication and the might of the American military, one battle that instantly commands respect is the Battle of Sadr City. This conflict was a defining moment during the Iraq War. It highlighted the courage of our troops and the strategic importance of urban warfare.

The blockade of Sadr City was a joint effort by American and Iraqi forces. Its goal was simple. Neutralize the stronghold of the Mahdi Army in northeastern Baghdad. The operation kicked off on April 4, 2004. Later, the day would become called "Black Sunday." That's because of a bloody revolt against the Coalition after a newspaper from Muqtada Al-Sadr's Sadrist Movement was banned. Intense combat in Sadr City spanned multiple phases. These include the initial clashes in April 2004 and a second round in August the same year. Additionally, further fighting occurred amidst the sectarian tensions of late 2006 and then again during the troop surge of 2007. Finally, the worst of it came during the pivotal spring battles of 2008.

https://www.wearethemighty.com/history/unyielding-valor-battle-of-sadr-city/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Re: Unyielding valor: The Battle of Sadr City
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2023, 07:55:11 pm »
Salute to the US and Iraqi soldiers who took part.
Bravery displayed on a whole other level.
Much respect to the "ground pounders".  :beer:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.