Author Topic: Massive wildfire breaks out in Walker County, Texas - with THOUSANDS urged to evacuate their homes  (Read 916 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Massive wildfire breaks out in Walker County, Texas - with THOUSANDS urged to evacuate their homes

Texas officials have asked residents near a 1,000 acre wildfire to abandon their homes after extending 500 acres in just a few hours
    The major fire in Walker County is said to have started early Friday afternoon in a wooded area before quickly engulfing the area
    It remains unclear at this time what caused the fire or  if anyone has been injured

By Joe Hutchison For Dailymail.Com

Updated: 00:40 EDT, 2 September 2023

Officials in Texas are urging residents to flee their homes after a massive wildfire broke out north of Houston.

According to the Walker County Office of Emergency Management, a major fire erupted Friday afternoon in a wooded area along Lost Indian Camp Road.

The latest update from officials said that the fire had stretched to encompass 1,200 acres and had been contained by ten percent.

Just hours previously, the fire was estimated to be spread out across 100 acres, before growing to 500 acres, and then 1000 acres - prompting officials to ask those living nearby to flee.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12472221/walker-county-texas-wildfire-evacuations.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Just a few miles North of me and for so long as the wind remains from the East or Southeast it won't come this way.

Firefighters are being well taken care of in the food and drink department.

Fire is East of interstate 45 which will likely serve as a firebreak to the West.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2023, 05:56:16 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline berdie

Thanks for the wind direction post. I've been trying to find that on the internet. Hopefully, that means it won't move into Huntsville proper.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Thanks for the wind direction post. I've been trying to find that on the internet. Hopefully, that means it won't move into Huntsville proper.

Not if the winds remain from the current direction or turn further from the South. The only municipalities North of this are Midway (very small) and Madisonville which is not near at present. There may be some land owned by prison units involved or in danger but the prison units themselves or currently OK. @berdie 

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

Yikes! Stay safe @Bigun @berdie and all TX Briefers who maybe affected.  Prayers up!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I used to live in Cherokee County....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I used to live in Cherokee County....

Two Counties NE of me.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Prayers up for y'all and anyone whose person or property is in the way of this.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline berdie

Not if the winds remain from the current direction or turn further from the South. The only municipalities North of this are Midway (very small) and Madisonville which is not near at present. There may be some land owned by prison units involved or in danger but the prison units themselves or currently OK. @berdie 

Although it's been a couple of years since I've traveled that direction...it has always seemed to me that the land around I45 is more desolate than on most interstates. Until you get to Huntsville anyway. The news this morning is saying the fire is 40 per cent contained. Fingers crossed. And prayers for the fire fighters and anyone in the path.

I can't imagine evacuating an entire prison so hopefully that doesn't become necessary. What a nightmare that could be.

I know you posted you were pretty far away, but the smoke has to be traveling. Stay safe @Bigun

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
WALKER COUNTY, Texas (KTRK) -- The Florida Forest Service is assisting Texas firefighters as they enter day three of battling the Game Preserve fire north of Huntsville in Walker County.

As of Sunday morning, the wildfire is 40% contained after burning 4,256 acres of a wooded area just off FM-247, according to the Texas A&M Forest Service.

Lela Braunsch, with the Florida Forest Service's Incident Management Team, told Eyewitness News the fire grew to 4,256 acres since its last update Saturday at 8:51 p.m., when it was 4,254 acres.

The forest services said its goal is to slow the spread of flames as much as possible.

more
https://abc13.com/texas-game-preserve-fire-walker-county-wildfire-whats-burning-huntsville-lost-indian-camp-road/13731606/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline berdie

Thanks for the update @mystery-ak . That sounds encouraging! :laugh: