Author Topic: Why bearded lads are 'more attractive' to women, according to science  (Read 1563 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
With World Beard Day today (September 2), we decided to take a look at why facial hair makes men attractive.

And there's more science to it than you think, apparently.

From confidence to being a sign of masculinity, facial fuzz could give you some big benefits, according to experts.

And the explanations may see you ditching your razor for good.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/real-life/bearded-lads-more-attractive-women-30834522
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Why bearded lads are 'more attractive' to women, according to science
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2023, 02:32:58 pm »
So glad I live in the rural Midwest. You don't have these kinds of issues. Women generally want real men, and generally aren't into sissy boys.
The Republic is lost.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2023, 03:10:24 pm »
I don't know about that. Personally, I'm tired of just about every guy having a beard, especially when they're patchy and scraggly.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2023, 04:06:19 pm »
I don't know about that. Personally, I'm tired of just about every guy having a beard, especially when they're patchy and scraggly.

Alot of that really gets into the poseur stuff and projecting an image being rural or blue collar or something. I'm generally buzzed and clean shaven, don't wear overalls, no tats, and rarely wear workboots, yet I got more country and shop skills than just about everyone but the Amish. I don't know why alot of guys think they can just put that on like a suit.
The Republic is lost.

Online roamer_1

Online roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2023, 06:27:11 pm »
Alot of that really gets into the poseur stuff and projecting an image being rural or blue collar or something. I'm generally buzzed and clean shaven, don't wear overalls, no tats, and rarely wear workboots, yet I got more country and shop skills than just about everyone but the Amish. I don't know why alot of guys think they can just put that on like a suit.

I look cowboy in the summer... though I am never ever clean-shaven. but I got a lot more hillbilly in me, and it shows the rest of the time... Long hair and a beard are haute couture in hillbilly culture, and here, that bleeds into formal redneck culture and is perfectly acceptable, along with a throat patch, moccasins, full leathers, and any number of Native accouterments.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2023, 07:23:55 pm »
I look cowboy in the summer... though I am never ever clean-shaven. but I got a lot more hillbilly in me, and it shows the rest of the time... Long hair and a beard are haute couture in hillbilly culture, and here, that bleeds into formal redneck culture and is perfectly acceptable, along with a throat patch, moccasins, full leathers, and any number of Native accouterments.
I am bald.

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2023, 08:40:16 pm »
I am bald.

bald and beard is a thing...  :cool:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2023, 10:01:48 pm »
No tats, never saw anything I wanted to wear that long.
4 button beard (start counting at the top of the shirt)--it just kinda grew on me.  :shrug:
Haven't had a haircut in years. Pull it back, keep it tied in 3 or four places, will be shot dead before I do one of those "man bun' things.
I wear workboots and jeans (FR when at work, regular at home), unless I am going to something more formal like a wedding or funeral. (I avoid going to court...).

I like durable, basic clothes, and always in the back of my mind is the question "How many days stuck out in the boonies would I last in this outfit before it was rags?" and "Would it be strong enough material to tie a splint or use as a bandage or even a tourniquet?" (Yes, I would give the shirt off my back for such a thing).

And I always have at least one knife on my person, unless I am going through an Airport or into a Government building where they have metal detectors. It's a tool I use frequently.

But with me, none of this is done for anyone else's benefit. It's just my nature.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2023, 10:09:49 pm »
No tats, never saw anything I wanted to wear that long.
4 button beard (start counting at the top of the shirt)--it just kinda grew on me.  :shrug:
Haven't had a haircut in years. Pull it back, keep it tied in 3 or four places, will be shot dead before I do one of those "man bun' things.
I wear workboots and jeans (FR when at work, regular at home), unless I am going to something more formal like a wedding or funeral. (I avoid going to court...).

I like durable, basic clothes, and always in the back of my mind is the question "How many days stuck out in the boonies would I last in this outfit before it was rags?" and "Would it be strong enough material to tie a splint or use as a bandage or even a tourniquet?" (Yes, I would give the shirt off my back for such a thing).

And I always have at least one knife on my person, unless I am going through an Airport or into a Government building where they have metal detectors. It's a tool I use frequently.

But with me, none of this is done for anyone else's benefit. It's just my nature.

All that... except I saw my hair off (onion head) in the spring, and probably again at harvest... to include the beard... The only thing surviving perpetually being the mustache. So by spring, when I saw it off, a 3 button beard and a 6 inch tail.  happy77

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2023, 10:11:52 pm »
All that... except I saw my hair off (onion head) in the spring, and probably again at harvest... to include the beard... The only thing surviving perpetually being the mustache. So by spring, when I saw it off, a 3 button beard and a 6 inch tail.  happy77
:beer:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2023, 08:51:41 pm »
bald and beard is a thing...  :cool:
It is the migration. Your hair around 50 migrates south. Eyebrows, Ears, Nose, and beard.
You are right. My beard is monumental. I do not know what it would take to cut it?

Stand up, Hook up, Shuffle to the front     .. what the f u c k  man, here we go ...
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2023, 08:54:01 pm »
I've tried a few times in my life. Though my mustache has always come in fine, the beard never has any semblance of consistency.

It's tough when articles like this are selling you a particular look you're not really able to emulate. But I'm me, and that's all I can be... so if they don't like me, that's on them.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2023, 09:06:09 pm »
You are better off than most of us ... here is a woman
You're a big guy

Online roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2023, 09:16:30 pm »
It is the migration. Your hair around 50 migrates south. Eyebrows, Ears, Nose, and beard.
You are right. My beard is monumental. I do not know what it would take to cut it?

Stand up, Hook up, Shuffle to the front     .. what the f u c k  man, here we go ...

Just use your ear hair for a comb-over... you'll be fine. 😁

Online roamer_1

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2023, 09:23:17 pm »
I've tried a few times in my life. Though my mustache has always come in fine, the beard never has any semblance of consistency.

It's tough when articles like this are selling you a particular look you're not really able to emulate. But I'm me, and that's all I can be... so if they don't like me, that's on them.

I had trouble with cheek hair (we're talkin about my head here people  :nono:) Nice and full under the jawline, but sparse and patchy on the cheeks... So I shaved my cheeks (on my head, Wings... on my head), getting a kinda Mormon/Amish look... Till I quit giving a sh*t and let it go... then it all filled in fine within a year or two.

Online libertybele

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2023, 09:23:18 pm »

:yowsa:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2023, 09:30:07 pm »
I have a full beard, and I have had at least a goatee since 2001. Every time I consider shaving it, my wife says "no".

So, there you go: proof that having a beard makes you more of a man... who does exactly what your wife tells you.  happy77
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online libertybele

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2023, 09:36:18 pm »
I have a full beard, and I have had at least a goatee since 2001. Every time I consider shaving it, my wife says "no".

So, there you go: proof that having a beard makes you more of a man... who does exactly what your wife tells you.  happy77

My hubby has always had a mustache.  He came back after a weekend with the guys and shaved it off.  I didn't recognize him and told him to please grow it back.  Over the past 15 years he's grown a beard -- which is fine.  He's grown his hair long which has thinned significantly -- that's what I'd wish he'd chop off.  It's his head and his face, so be it.  He's still the same person underneath.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2023, 09:42:10 pm »

I have never been able to do that goatee thing... too much management...
To give you an idea, the last time anything other than mustache scissors have adjusted my hair was back in the spring sometime. I am fine with hygiene (kinda), but I ain't gonna fuss with it. A vanity I never acquired.  :shrug:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2023, 09:46:00 pm »
My hubby has always had a mustache.  He came back after a weekend with the guys and shaved it off.  I didn't recognize him and told him to please grow it back.  Over the past 15 years he's grown a beard -- which is fine.  He's grown his hair long which has thinned significantly -- that's what I'd wish he'd chop off.  It's his head and his face, so be it.  He's still the same person underneath.

My wife never minded the hair... she always minded the stubble because it gave her a rash if we got to cuddling... so it took a couple weeks for the stubble to get soft, and then she was fine again.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2023, 04:13:59 am »

Online Kamaji

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2023, 12:55:46 pm »
My father has worn a beard his entire life to hide a remarkably receding chin.  He shaved it once - he wanted to "punish" himself for screwing up his golf game - and I was rather shocked to see him - none of us inherited his chin.

Online LMAO

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2023, 07:02:16 pm »
I’ve gone several days without shaving, but I have never grown a full beard

Ive been blessed or cursed with extremely thick hair, and I’m afraid what  a beard would look like

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online roamer_1

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2023, 07:41:10 pm »
I’ve gone several days without shaving, but I have never grown a full beard

Ive been blessed or cursed with extremely thick hair, and I’m afraid what  a beard would look like

For the cost of a gas powered hedge trimmer, it can look however you like.  happy77