Author Topic: Kevin O'Leary warns chaos is about to begin for US economy: 'Wake up and smell the roses'  (Read 344 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kevin O'Leary warns chaos is about to begin for US economy: 'Wake up and smell the roses'
'Shark Tank' star says September could bring liquidity crisis for small businesses
By Elizabeth Heckman Fox News
Published September 2, 2023 5:00am EDT

O'Leary Ventures chairman Kevin O'Leary is warning that the economic policies of the Biden administration are about to put a significant squeeze on small businesses.

The "Shark Tank" star joined "Fox & Friends" to warn that the month of September will usher in a chaotic time for the economy due to high interest rates.

"We've got the CHIPS and Science Act. Where's that money going? Behemoth giant companies in the S&P 500. The Inflation Reduction Act, another trillion not even printed yet. All going to big guys. Now, that's great. They represent 40% of the jobs in America, the S&P 500. Everybody knows the S&P 500 is the biggest index in the world. But 60% of America is small business. That's where 60% of the jobs come from. We've given nothing to them. And so they're struggling because the Fed is raising rates up to 5.5% in a matter of months."

Although the U.S. economy has seen some respite from record inflation, O'Leary has been warning in recent weeks that there is a "crisis emerging" for U.S. small businesses. O'Leary recently traveled to Capitol Hill to talk to "everybody" he could, cautioning about a liquidity crisis.

"We have a crisis emerging. … I'm talking about companies with five to 500 employees, which represent over 60% of our economy," O'Leary said.

"If you're in the S&P 500, you have no trouble financing your business. You can't say that about small business anymore. The cost of capital has gone through the roof."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/kevin-oleary-warns-chaos-begin-us-economy-wake-smell-roses
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
I really don't trust wild west VC guys like Mr. Wonderful.

They are typically FOS, and wouldn't blink an eye to passively manipulate an equity to net a few extra $M.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.