Author Topic: White House goes to war with Marjorie Taylor Greene for warning she won't vote to avoid a government  (Read 617 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House goes to war with Marjorie Taylor Greene for warning she won't vote to avoid a government shutdown until Joe is impeached over any links to son Hunter's business deals

MTG on Thursday listed her demands for helping avoid a government shutdown
    They included an impeachment inquiry into President Joe Biden
    The White House hit back at 'extreme House members' and a 'hardcore fringe'

By Rob Crilly, Senior U.S. Political Reporter For Dailymail.Com

Updated: 09:49 EDT, 1 September 2023

The White House condemned the 'hardcore fringe' of the Republican Party on Thursday night after Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene said she would not vote to fund the government this month unless an impeachment inquiry was launched against President Joe Biden.

Congressional Republicans are weighing an inquiry as they probe Biden family finances.

Without a new spending deal, government funding is due to run out on September 30, sending federal workers home and shuttering agencies.

In a statement on Thursday night, White House spokesperson Andrew Bates said: 'The last thing the American people deserve is for extreme House members to trigger a government shutdown that hurts our economy, undermines our disaster preparedness, and forces our troops to work without guaranteed pay.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12470171/White-House-Marjorie-Taylor-Greene-impeachment.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Stupid, White House ... they're giving MTG free press, raising her media profiles, and giving her more street cred with the Biden-haters.

////00000////

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Ha Ha. None of those switch hitters can beat that. You go, Girl!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene🇺🇸
@RepMTG
Tonight, I made an announcement directly to my constituents at my Floyd County Town Hall.

I will not vote to fund the government if Congress doesn’t do this:

- Impeachment Inquiry vote on Joe Biden
- Defund Biden’s weaponization of government
- Eliminate all COVID vaccine and mandates
- No funding for the war in Ukraine
7:55 PM · Aug 31, 2023
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene🇺🇸
@RepMTG
Tonight, I made an announcement directly to my constituents at my Floyd County Town Hall.

I will not vote to fund the government if Congress doesn’t do this:

- Defund Biden’s weaponization of government
- Eliminate all COVID vaccine and mandates
- No funding for the war in Ukraine
7:55 PM · Aug 31, 2023

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

A few more with that kind of courage would be very welcome!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Speaker McCarthy says he won't start an impeachment inquiry without a House vote.  Gutless RINO bastard shows his colors AGAIN!

Why is that?? All he's saying is that he won't order an impeachment inquiry without a floor vote.  And isn't that what MTG wants too -- a floor vote on opening an impeachment inquiry?

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: September 03, 2023, 12:37:08 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Hoodat

217 more, to be exact.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
217 more, to be exact.

Yeah, that's the issue.  Pelosi ordered an impeachment inquiry on Trump without a vote from the full House authorizing it.  That made it legally questionable, so the Dems had to go back later and authorize it retroactively.   McCarthy is just saying he won't do that, and the vote has to come first.  MTG isn't disputing that.

The obvious problem is that almost certainly aren't enough votes for it to pass.  At least not yet.  I suspect McCarthy wants to wait until he knows he has enough votes for it to pass, but MTG is fine with holding the vote and losing.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2023, 12:41:42 am by Maj. Bill Martin »