Author Topic: Daily on Energy: More on Whitmer’s plan for 100% clean energy in Michigan  (Read 556 times)

Offline libertybele

Daily on Energy: More on Whitmer’s plan for 100% clean energy in Michigan

........... Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer is calling for a 100% clean energy standard to be passed by state lawmakers – here’s a bit more from the big news this week…

What’s ahead: Currently, Democrats control both chambers of the state legislature, 20-18 in the Senate and 56-54 in the House. Senate Democrats, who have already released their own clean energy plan, are currently working with House Democrats as the lower chamber drafts its own bill.

“We know that the House is also working on clean energy bills, and we’ve been having a lot of conversations with them to make sure that we understand their concerns and that their input is also being taken into account,” said Democratic Sen. Sue Shink, one of two lawmakers who introduced the Senate’s “Clean Energy Future Plan.”

When Nancy asked what those “concerns” were, the senator did not further elaborate, and said that negotiations are currently ongoing. The state legislature is out this week, but is slated to return next week.

The Senate proposal: While we won’t be able to tell you what’s in the House bill, we can certainly draw breadcrumbs from recent proposals that have been introduced. Senate Democrats have introduced their own package that’s even more aggressive than the governor’s proposal. It would phase-out coal-fired electricity generating plants and require utilities to meet the state’s electricity needs using 60% renewable energy by 2030 and 100% clean energy by 2035. The bill would count “approved nuclear energy” as part of the proposal.

Whitmer’s proposal: The Democratic governor released her own climate plan in April 2021 – and the Senate proposal, which was released two years after the governor’s, mirrors much of what Whitmer previously laid out. Her plan calls for generating 60% of the state’s electricity from renewable sources, phasing out remaining coal-fired power plants by 2030, and committing Michigan to economy-wide carbon neutrality no later than 2050. The governor’s proposal would explore the use of carbon capture and storage in situations where “eliminating the use of fossil fuels is impossible or cost-prohibitive,” and for entities attempting to go carbon negative in their operations. The plan also mentions Michigan benefiting from a “diverse” power sector that includes nuclear power plants.......................

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/energy-environment/daily-on-energy-more-on-whitmers-plan-for-100-clean-energy-in-michigan
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Daily on Energy: More on Whitmer’s plan for 100% clean energy in Michigan
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2023, 09:53:32 pm »
It will take an outright revolt by the proles to stop this.
No wonder they are working so hard to grab the guns...

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2023, 10:11:01 pm »
And Michigan gets winter. And the UP is in the snow belt

This is the same state that coughed up Granholm and now she's energy secretary
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2023, 10:15:06 pm »
It will take an outright revolt by the proles to stop this.
No wonder they are working so hard to grab the guns...

I am very thankful we no longer live in MI. The whole state is headed to becoming a cesspool just like Detroit.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2023, 10:20:07 pm »
God didn't bless America with natural resources for them to stay in the ground.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2023, 10:22:42 pm »
When are the Yoopers going to secede?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis