Author Topic: Dem Govs, Mayors Declared Emergencies After Receiving Trickle Of Southern Border’s Migrant Flood  (Read 312 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Dem Govs, Mayors Declared Emergencies After Receiving Trickle Of Southern Border’s Migrant Flood

JENNIE TAER
INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER
August 13, 2023
4:04 PM ET

Even as southern border communities deal with an influx of thousands of migrants each day, Democrat-run cities and states have declared emergencies after a few hundred or thousand migrant arrivals, according to a review of their declarations.

Democratic leaders in Denver, Massachusetts, New York City, Washington, D.C., Chicago and the state of Illinois have all declared emergencies over hundreds to a few thousand migrants arriving to their cities and in their shelters in recent months. Meanwhile, illegal migrant encounters at the southern border have remained high, according to federal data. (RELATED: Former Border Chief Says ‘Chainsaw Devices’ On Abbott’s River Buoys Prevent Climbing, Are Not Dangerous)

Border Patrol recorded more than 1.2 million illegal migrant encounters in the state of Texas in all of fiscal year 2022, more than 561,000 in Arizona over the same time period, more than 142,000 in New Mexico and roughly 249,000 in California, according to federal data. Agents have recorded more 1.5 million illegal migrant encounters across the aforementioned southern border states between October 2022 and June.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/08/13/dem-govs-mayors-declared-emergencies-after-receiving-trickle-of-southern-borders-migrant-flood/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

Massachusetts Gov. Maura Healey activates National Guard to assist in emergency shelters housing migrants
Massachusetts is one of several states where migrants initially being housed in Texas have ended up, putting many Democratic cities in the precarious position of having to care for them
 By Louis Casiano / Fox News
Published August 31, 2023 8:08pm EDT

Massachusetts Gov. Maura Healey has activated 250 members of the National Guard to provide basic services at emergency shelter hotels amid an influx of migrants that has service providers stretched thin.

Healey's administration will also launch a Regional Rapid Response Teams to assist with overseeing shelter sites, she announced Thursday. The teams will be comprised of state employees. ...
Because neither the MA National Guard nor state employees have anything else to do.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org