Author Topic: Demand for armed postal police in NJ  (Read 792 times)

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Demand for armed postal police in NJ
« on: September 01, 2023, 01:35:07 pm »
Citing a rise in the number of assaults on mail carriers, New Jersey Congressman Bill Pascrell is calling for armed postal police to be sent on patrol to protect the men and women delivering the mail.

Pascrell was joined in front of the Paterson Post Office by postal police union president Frank Albergo in urging congress to pass the Postal Police Reform Act (H.R. 3005).

"Every day, a letter carrier has a gun stuck in his face in America. That is not an exaggeration," Albergo declared.

https://nj1015.com/demand-for-armed-postal-police-in-nj/
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Demand for armed postal police in NJ
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2023, 03:51:12 pm »
  :shrug: Why should postal employees be or feel any safer than the rest of us? Maybe if there were more police and they were allowed to do their jobs and DA's and judges did their jobs ALL of us would be safer.

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2023, 03:53:26 pm »
Maybe local and state police should do something about the criminals if the residents want continued mail delivery.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2023, 09:56:55 pm »
Seems to me that back when I was young, holding up a mail carrier would be a considerable felony, prosecuted in federal court to the fullest extent of the law.

No mo'...
(that figures)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2023, 01:38:43 am »
Seems to me that back when I was young, holding up a mail carrier would be a considerable felony, prosecuted in federal court to the fullest extent of the law.

No mo'...
(that figures)

@Fishrrman

Back when I was a letter carrier in the late 70's,anybody that attacked or even threatened a letter carrier who was delivering mail at the time was breaking federal laws,and looking at some hard time in a federal prison.

BTW,the USPS already has federal postal inspectors that are,in essence,"Postal Police" who investigate things like this,and then make and file federal charges against offenders.

Or did when I was a Letter Carrier,and I find it impossible to believe the USPS would give that ability  up.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2023, 01:43:08 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2023, 09:29:22 pm »
  :shrug: Why should postal employees be or feel any safer than the rest of us? Maybe if there were more police and they were allowed to do their jobs and DA's and judges did their jobs ALL of us would be safer.

:thumbsup: