Author Topic: Did Weiss’s Office Ignore Pretrial Diversion Policy To Cut Hunter’s Sweetheart Deal? DOJ Is Hiding  (Read 268 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Did Weiss Ignore Policy To Cut Hunter's Deal? DOJ Hides Answer
Margot Cleveland

The Department of Justice has failed to provide a copy of the pretrial diversion policy adopted by the Delaware U.S. attorney’s office as required by law, an open-records request lawsuit filed on Wednesday alleges.

Wednesday’s Freedom of Information Act complaint comes on the heels of a federal judge ordering the DOJ to stop dragging its feet and provide communications between the DOJ and David Weiss — documents that, as The Federalist exclusively reported on Monday, establish the DOJ sought to thwart congressional inquiries into the Justice Department’s handling of the Hunter Biden investigation.

The Heritage Foundation and its director of the Oversight Project, Mike Howell, filed suit late Wednesday in a federal court in Delaware under the Freedom of Information Act, or “FOIA,” seeking to compel the Delaware U.S. attorney’s office to produce its policy regarding pretrial diversion agreements. As the complaint stresses, the Department of Justice’s manual provides that “[e]ach U.S. Attorney’s Office shall develop and implement a policy on the use of pretrial diversion appropriate for the Office’s district.”

Because the manual uses the “shall” directive, it is a mandatory requirement for U.S. attorneys’ offices. Accordingly, the Delaware U.S. attorney’s office “must have such a policy,” the complaint emphasizes.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2023/08/31/did-weisss-office-ignore-pretrial-diversion-policy-to-cut-hunters-sweetheart-deal-doj-is-hiding-the-answer/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Rules for thee but none for me! Name of the game now.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien