Author Topic: Hurricane Response Reveals Ron DeSantis' Competence and Leadership and Trump’s Pettiness  (Read 13074 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Then you have allowed the democrats to select your choice for you, and furthermore, you've allowed them to select for you the weakest candidate.  Congratulations.

Hard to believe some who claim to be right of center, still are so mesmerized and hyypnotized that they can support a candidate who has an FDR like vision of Freedom Cities and Bonus Babies, which have a $15T price tag for the American taxpayer
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
. And he did not "HIRE" any of them!

He was appointed the HEAD of the Coronvirus Response Task Force.

Still stand by that assertion?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Good points.

I will support Trump now because I am opposed to the corruption of the DC swamp, but that doesn't mean I won't support DeSantis in the future. I think he has been a great Gov. and would be a great POTUS.

I have not yet declared for anyone this year but will tell you that I'm moving more in your direction every day @bilo . It isn't just Trump that the lawfare bastards are trying to railroad!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2023, 04:35:56 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
He was appointed the HEAD of the Coronvirus Response Task Force.

Still stand by that assertion?

ABSOLUTELY I do! Fauci was already head of the NIH and had Trump tried to appoint ANYONE other than him to the taskforce he would have been crucified!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Hard to believe some who claim to be right of center, still are so mesmerized and hyypnotized that they can support a candidate who has an FDR like vision of Freedom Cities and Bonus Babies, which have a $15T price tag for the American taxpayer

THAT is total Bull shit! Recovering the rule of law is more important than any of that crap that he cannot do on his own ever!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
THAT is total Bull shit! Recovering the rule of law is more important than any of that crap that he cannot do on his own ever!

Huh?  Are you claiming that Trump never made those promises?  Sounds like you are admitting the man can't be kept to his word.  I have really liked you through the years Bigun , but man I have never seen a Briefer ever dig himself in a hole deeper. 

Additionally  you are also saying that Fauxci's appointment  (promotion) didn't constitute a focused hiring in that particlar job. Hate to tell you, not only was he not fired......  He was promoted.   Wow, what a bizarre exchange this is.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Huh?  Are you claiming that Trump never made those promises?  Sounds like you are admitting the man can't be kept to his word.  I have really liked you through the years Bigun , but man I have never seen a Briefer ever dig himself in a hole deeper. 

Additionally  you are also saying that Fauxci's appointment  (promotion) didn't constitute a focused hiring in that particlar job. Hate to tell you, not only was he not fired......  He was promoted.   Wow, what a bizarre exchange this is.

And I have felt the same about you Catfish1957 but I'm not going to stand by and allow anyone to be slandered. IMHO your newly found Trump hate is blinding you to the facts of all this. There was no "promotion" involved. The NIH director was going to do that anyway.

And just so you know, I am personally convinced that this entire Covid mess was carefully planned and executed to perfection.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 08:05:52 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

My 2 cents ---

Bottom line - DeSantis gets things done and once again shows his leadership and competency.

This hurricane minimally affected us with some storm surge so I can't speak as an eyewitness on this hurricane. During Ian he had bridges temped in within a couple of days so people could get into the islands and start rebuilding.  No one has ever done for FL what DeSantis has done and I've been here 30 years.

In watching local news; like Ian, DeSantis had power companies/trucks, cable, rescue, law enforcement ready to roll before Idalia hit.  He used the resources he had and the capabilities that he has w/o Fed assistance regardless of what Brandon spewed.  Fed assistance for Ian was extremely slow and FEMA was non-existent. Locally, there are some newscasters that you can tell bit their tongues when Brandon was spewing his speech of how he helped.  B.S.  DeSantis had things rolling beforehand.  He is a very pro-active governor.

Further, he is a very competent fiscal conservative. 

We need him as our president -- I just fear what will happen to FL without him.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DB

BS! Trump had no choice in the matter because he knew that trying to get rid of Fauci or Birx was a well laid trap that he wasn't about to fall into.

He did not have to put them charge regardless of getting rid of them or not. The constitution didn't go out the window because a pandemic arrived. Fauci and Birx weren't elected to anything and needed to be reined in to at a minimum constitutional limits. The top executive sets the final actions of the bureaucracy he sits on top of. Either you lead or let someone else lead when you are the boss. Trump let someone else lead with his blessings - with dire consequences.

Online libertybele

He did not have to put them charge regardless of getting rid of them or not. The constitution didn't go out the window because a pandemic arrived. Fauci and Birx weren't elected to anything and needed to be reined in to at a minimum constitutional limits. The top executive sets the final actions of the bureaucracy he sits on top of. Either you lead or let someone else lead when you are the boss. Trump let someone else lead with his blessings - with dire consequences.

As far as Fauci and Birx that is true.  He put them in charge and yes with dire consequences.  However, Trump did ultimately leave things up to the states which was the right thing to do and each governor made the decision to either take Fauci and Birx advice or told them to pack sand.

Abbott and DeSantis (and I'm sure others) basically saw the big picture and re-opened their states rapidly while other governors bought into the Fauci lies hook line and sinker.

To his credit - Trump also expedited getting temporary hospitals and medical equipment.  Keep in mind, that no other recent president in history was faced with a pandemic.  He shut down travel from China.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DB

As far as Fauci and Birx that is true.  He put them in charge and yes with dire consequences.  However, Trump did ultimately leave things up to the states which was the right thing to do and each governor made the decision to either take Fauci and Birx advice or told them to pack sand.

Abbott and DeSantis (and I'm sure others) basically saw the big picture and re-opened their states rapidly while other governors bought into the Fauci lies hook line and sinker.

To his credit - Trump also expedited getting temporary hospitals and medical equipment.  Keep in mind, that no other recent president in history was faced with a pandemic.  He shut down travel from China.

Trump certainly did some things right early on. But he went way off the rails later. He even chided DeSantis for opening too soon and it was going to kill people. Trump drank the kool-aid.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Trump certainly did some things right early on. But he went way off the rails later. He even chided DeSantis for opening too soon and it was going to kill people. Trump drank the kool-aid.

How do you explain excess deaths in Florida?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline DB

Excess relative to what?

Older people were dramatically more affected by the virus than younger people. Florida has a substantially older population because it is common for people to retire there.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Excess relative to what?

Older people were dramatically more affected by the virus than younger people. Florida has a substantially older population because it is common for people to retire there.

In knowing that DeSantis failed in his obligation to help Florida residents.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online libertybele

Really?  So explain to me as a FL resident, how exactly DeSantis has failed in his obligations.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Really?  So explain to me as a FL resident, how exactly DeSantis has failed in his obligations.

Ask the dead people.

Online roamer_1

In which case you have already allowed them to determine whom you will vote for.  They're playing you like a well-tuned violin.

:laugh: That's right.

Online roamer_1

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Ask the dead people.

They voted for Biden. All you need to know.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

Ask the dead people.

That's quite evasive -- so I'll take it as you truly don't have a clue.

Online mountaineer

Trump needs to muzzle his lapdog Laura Loomer. That whackjob's tweets that seemed to be celebrating the fate of anyone in the hurricane's path were just too, too hideous.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DB

Florida did better for its residents than most states. Fewer people's livelihoods destroyed, fewer children setback years in learning. Where's your evidence seniors did any worse in Florida compared to other states? People got COVID whether they were locked up or not.

Online cato potatoe

If they're anything like the COVID victims I knew, they would have been dead by now anyway.  So instead of printing incredible amounts of money and harming our children, we should have advised certain people to avoid social gatherings if a life in isolation was worth it to them.  DeSantis has expressed regret for most of the restrictions that took place in 2020, and I don't blame him for it.

Offline LadyLiberty

Out of 50 states, Washington DC, and Puerto Rico, Florida came in #31 out of 52 when covid death rates were age adjusted (with 1 being the worst). They did far better than many states that had draconian lock downs.  https://www.bioinformaticscro.com/blog/states-ranked-by-age-adjusted-covid-deaths/

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Ask the dead people.

I'll chalk that up to failed logic on steroids, and that you don't have an answer.