Author Topic: Hurricane Response Reveals Ron DeSantis' Competence and Leadership and Trump’s Pettiness  (Read 13278 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Donning my 88888walking kitty -Mod hat, I appreciate the reasonable tone in this lengthy thread!

I have been resisting posting on this thread....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

@bilo

You are actually going to let a little thing like saving the Republic influence who  you vote for?

Dey jist ain't no hope for yew,is dere,comrade?

Look again... He ain't got a cape.  *****rollingeyes*****

Online roamer_1

@DB

To NOT vote for him is to vote for the continued destruction of the country,and the advance of globalism.

You mean the same continued destruction and advance of globalism that proceeded apace, or arguably increased right through his first term?

Yeah, riiiight...

Online Hoodat

They won't, but we do know for certain that Trump will not do anything about the swamp because he didn't do a damned thing when he had four years to do something.  We also know that someone like DeSantis is much, much better at building coalitions and at getting things done, and therefore is more likely to actually get something done against the swamp, much more so than Trump ever could.

Troodat !
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online LMAO

You mean the same continued destruction and advance of globalism that proceeded apace, or arguably increased right through his first term?

Yeah, riiiight...

They have convinced themselves that Trump is their savior

The evidence suggests otherwise

I can’t make any promises what things will look like if any of the other Republicans running were to be elected

But we know that Trump won’t and can’t from his first term. He’s too risky.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Hoodat

I will support Trump now because I am opposed to the corruption of the DC swamp

I opposed Trump in 2016 precisely because he was in bed with the corruption of the DC swamp.  As his most vocal supporters shouted "drain the swamp" from the roof tops, candidate Trump remained suspiciously silent on that matter all through the campaign season.  Once the election was over, he went straight to the Swamp to do all his hiring, naming the RNC Chair himself as his Chief-of-Staff.

Can we please please please put a stop to all this 'Trump's gonna drain the swamp' bullshit?  He's not.  He's going to hire anyone who sucks up to him, which happens to be a specialty of swamp creatures.  And he has no clue about draining anything.

The Swamp is empowered by government spending.  Trump isn't willing to cut government spending.  Thus, he is not willing to drain the swamp.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

I can’t make any promises what things will look like if any of the other Republicans running were to be elected

BS! This really has nothing to do with Trump and everything to do with protecting the rule of law!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

FACTS. His record does not bear his braggin. He's All Hat and No Cattle.

Notice, outside of messianic declarations, no one is arguing on his actual record AT ALL.
It's that bad... Still they follow the pied piper... Like sheep.

And liberty goes wanting.

Online roamer_1

BS! This really has nothing to do with Trump and everything to do with protecting the rule of law!

No it does not, friend.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
No it does not, friend.

:yowsa: It dammed well does! They are trying their best to do the very same thing to the most effective AG in the country! Ken Paxton of Texas! And even worse, they are tamping down any desire any conservative might have to run for anything! @roamer_1 

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online LMAO

FACTS. His record does not bear his braggin. He's All Hat and No Cattle.

Notice, outside of messianic declarations, no one is arguing on his actual record AT ALL.
It's that bad... Still they follow the pied piper... Like sheep.

And liberty goes wanting.

His record isn’t all bad. There were more positives under him than the current President.

But on inflation, debt, the expansion on the size of the federal government, and his criteria for picking people is why I say no to another Trump term

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Hoodat

If that were the case, then Trump would have been going after all the illegalities taking place instead of asking some judge to unilaterally declare him the winner.  Election illegalities began eight months before the election.  Yet not once did Trump do a damn thing about it.  And then two month after the election, he calls the biggest law violator of all and asks him for more votes.

I back Trump 100% in each of his legal cases.  He is being railroaded by corrupt prosecutors at every level.  But he has no capabilities whatsoever to fix any of it should he return to the White House.  I want election integrity restored in every State.  And the best way for Trump to go about doing this is by following through in these court cases which he is desperately trying to avoid.

Online roamer_1

:yowsa: It dammed well does! They are trying their best to do the very same thing to the most effective AG in the country! Ken Paxton of Texas! And even worse, they are tamping down any desire any conservative might have to run for anything! @roamer_1 

Electing Tump does nothing. Except that it is guaranteed that conservatism goes wanting.
Not to mention I doubt he can win the general.

Online Hoodat

But on inflation, debt, the expansion on the size of the federal government, and his criteria for picking people is why I say no to another Trump term

The size of the federal government is the only issue in my book.  Fix that, and the rest fix themselves.  You want the Swamp drained?  Then drain their money.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
If that were the case, then Trump would have been going after all the illegalities taking place instead of asking some judge to unilaterally declare him the winner.  Election illegalities began eight months before the election.  Yet not once did Trump do a damn thing about it.  And then two month after the election, he calls the biggest law violator of all and asks him for more votes.

I back Trump 100% in each of his legal cases.  He is being railroaded by corrupt prosecutors at every level.  But he has no capabilities whatsoever to fix any of it should he return to the White House.  I want election integrity restored in every State.  And the best way for Trump to go about doing this is by following through in these court cases which he is desperately trying to avoid.

Tell me what you think Trump could have done about election illegalities in advance @Hoodat Specifics please!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Electing Tump does nothing. Except that it is guaranteed that conservatism goes wanting.
Not to mention I doubt he can win the general.

I have not yet committed to voting for anyone next year at this point as the Texas primary is still six months away, but I will not stand aside and allow these lawfare bastards win at their game! EVER!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The size of the federal government is the only issue in my book.  Fix that, and the rest fix themselves.  You want the Swamp drained?  Then drain their money.

And that is never going to happen for so long as we have the Marxist income tax, the IRS, federal reserve banks, and fiat currency!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

I have not yet committed to voting for anyone next year at this point as the Texas primary is still six months away, but I will not stand aside and allow these lawfare bastards win at their game! EVER!

Neither have I, though I know several that I will not vote for... TUMPY foremost among them, lawfare or not... No way that cancels his big government from the right, which is an 'oh hell no;.

And the way to beat the lawfare bastards is in court... with counter-suits so painful they'll think twice next time.

And neatly, that (stepping down to win in court) preserves the Republicans and gives them a chance to coalesce around someone else.

This path very easily sees him in jail, with no Republican administration to pardon him, to carry on from there with his appeals.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2023, 05:58:17 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Neither have I, though I know several that I will not vote for... TUMPY foremost among them, lawfare or not... No way that cancels his big government from the right, which is an 'oh hell no;.

And the way to beat the lawfare bastards is in court... with counter-suits so painful they'll think twice next time.

And neatly, that (stepping down to win in court) that preserves the Republicans and gives them a chance to coalesce around someone else.

This path very easily sees him in jail, with no Republican administration to pardon him, to carry on from there with his appeals.

The lawfare bastards knew going in that they were going to eventually lose in court! Winning lawsuits is NOT their objective! Let that soak in!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

His record isn’t all bad. There were more positives under him than the current President.

big government is a non-starter. Damage to libertarianism during the lockdowns is another. Thousands of businesses destroyed. and the printed money to support all that, the gigantic debt, and the inflation that sprung from it... well, all that is another.

How anyone with reason votes for more of that is way, way beyond me.  :shrug:

Online roamer_1

The lawfare bastards knew going in that they were going to eventually lose in court! Winning lawsuits is NOT their objective! Let that soak in!

Sure... but I don't think they thought about massive countersuits... which is what needs done. You ain't gonna hurt them at all putting him in office.

Offline libertybele

And neatly, that (stepping down to win in court) preserves the Republicans and gives them a chance to coalesce around someone else.

That is my concern and that is their objective.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

That is my concern and that is their objective.

Don't take that wrong... I do believe he will eventually win bail and all cases upon appeal... but none of that belongs in this election.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Don't take that wrong... I do believe he will eventually win bail and all cases upon appeal... but none of that belongs in this election.

Unless the lawfare bastards are taken down hard, and I do mean hard, this sort of crap is never going to stop!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

Unless the lawfare bastards are taken down hard, and I do mean hard, this sort of crap is never going to stop!

Putting him back in office doesn't do that.