Author Topic: Hurricane Response Reveals Ron DeSantis' Competence and Leadership and Trump’s Pettiness  (Read 12995 times)

Offline bilo

Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-Fla.) has once again been faced with a natural disaster in his state, and once again, he is crushing it. He didn’t hesitate to leave the campaign trail to take care of business, demonstrating once again what competence and leadership look like. Not only is DeSantis effectively managing the disaster response, but he’s also refusing to let the media politicize the situation.

Of course, that’s not stopping Donald Trump from taking shots at him. Trump is keenly aware that Ron DeSantis is his most formidable challenger. Despite Trump’s substantial lead in the polls, DeSantis has been his favorite target — even more than Joe Biden. With DeSantis off the campaign trail, Trump isn’t pulling any punches, even making an unfounded claim that DeSantis was on the verge of dropping out to run for the U.S. Senate.

Trump, who upstaged the Biden administration in East Palestine, Ohio, earlier this year by bringing supplies and water, hasn’t exactly been terribly concerned about the hurricane affecting his home state. In fact, when Hurricane Idalia was about to make landfall, Trump released a campaign video… bragging about his poll numbers.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/matt-margolis/2023/08/31/hurricane-response-reveals-ron-desantis-competence-and-leadership-and-trumps-pettiness-n1723443
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

Trump’s behavior here is hardly surprising. DeSantis quickly sprung into action for the residents of his state. His leadership during a crisis will most certainly resonate with Americans, especially as it contrasts with Joe Biden’s botched responses to the environmental disaster in East Palestine earlier this year and the recent Maui wildfires.

I like DeSantis  and would have voted for him if the Rats hadn't indicted Trump on so many phony charges. No matter who is running I will never allow the DC establishment and east coast elites decide who I can support for POTUS, or any other political office.

Offline Kamaji

Trump’s behavior here is hardly surprising. DeSantis quickly sprung into action for the residents of his state. His leadership during a crisis will most certainly resonate with Americans, especially as it contrasts with Joe Biden’s botched responses to the environmental disaster in East Palestine earlier this year and the recent Maui wildfires.

I like DeSantis  and would have voted for him if the Rats hadn't indicted Trump on so many phony charges. No matter who is running I will never allow the DC establishment and east coast elites decide who I can support for POTUS, or any other political office.

In which case you have already allowed them to determine whom you will vote for.  They're playing you like a well-tuned violin.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
When  Two Step Tumpy was in charge, and  was slapped with his biggest crisis.....   he hired Fauxci to handle it.    Comparisons between the Cheeto Toupe and RDS should end there on competence and leadership.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 06:27:04 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

When  Two Step Tumpy was in charge, and  was slapped with his biggest crisis.....   he hired Fauxci to handle it.    Comparisons between the Cheeto Toupe and RDS should end there on competence and leadership.

:thumbsup:

Offline bilo

In which case you have already allowed them to determine whom you will vote for.  They're playing you like a well-tuned violin.

No, not supporting Trump sets the precedent that through lawfare and corrupt abuse of power the leftists can determine who is acceptable to them. Like him or hate him Trump has to win to put an end to the banana republic tactics.

Offline Kamaji

No, not supporting Trump sets the precedent that through lawfare and corrupt abuse of power the leftists can determine who is acceptable to them. Like him or hate him Trump has to win to put an end to the banana republic tactics.

No, letting them stampede you into supporting one, and only one, candidate, just because he's been charged with crimes, is letting them determine who you will vote for.  They have already made you give up on voting for every other candidate other than Trump - that's more effective than the GOP primaries have been so far.

And the fact of the matter is, they want Trump to be the GOP nominee, because they know they have the best chance of beating him.  They know they'll lose against DeSantis.  They also know that Trump's supporters are the most malleable and subject to external influence, which is a distinct benefit to them.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 06:52:32 pm by Kamaji »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Trump hired neither Fauci nor Birx. Both were in place LONG before Trump came along. If Trump had tried to rid himself of either during the "pandemic" he would undoubtedly have been impeached and removed from office over it. Truth matters @catfish1957
« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 06:56:03 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Trump hired neither Fauci nor Birx. Both were in place LONG before Trump came along. If Trump had tried to rid himself of either during the "pandemic he would undoubtedly been impeached and removed from office over it. Truth matters @catfish1957

:thumbsup:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Kamaji

Trump hired neither Fauci nor Birx. Both were in place LONG before Trump came along. If Trump had tried to rid himself of either during the "pandemic he would undoubtedly been impeached and removed from office over it. Truth matters @catfish1957

:mauslaff:

And yet, at the end of his term, when he had absolutely no other reason to do so, he gave Fauci an award.  That is the clearest indicator that he personally approved of everything Fauci did all along, including flat-out lying to the American public.

It's astounding that MAGA-turds can't seem to wrap their little heads around what Trump has actually done, what he actually favors based on his own actions.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Didn't say anything about firing Fauxci or Birx.  The point is that he could have found another Epidemiologist with a more honest, and balanced approach.  Instead Tumpy accelerated and peprpetuated Fauxci's dirty deeds.  Yes, Truth matters, and trying to minimize Tumpy's mismanagment of the Pandemic is less than forthcoming.

Which leads back to the quandry itself.  This f'er claimed to only hire the best.  That statement was comically wrong.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 07:00:26 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
:mauslaff:

And yet, at the end of his term, when he had absolutely no other reason to do so, he gave Fauci an award.  That is the clearest indicator that he personally approved of everything Fauci did all along, including flat-out lying to the American public.

It's astounding that MAGA-turds can't seem to wrap their little heads around what Trump has actually done, what he actually favors based on his own actions.

You need not tell me what Fauci did because I already know. That does not change a word of what I said in what you quoted and you know it.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 07:05:29 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Didn't say anything about firing Fauxci or Birx.  The point is that he could have found another Epidemiologist with a more honest, and balaced approach.  Instead Tumpy accelerated and peprpetuated Fauxci's dirty deeds.  Yes, Truth matters, and trying to minimize Tumpy's mismanagment of the Pandemic is less than forthcoming.

Which leads back to the quandry itself.  This f'er claimed to only hire the best.  That statement was comically wrong.

"...he hired Fauxci to handle it." Those are your words @catfish1957 and it is a flat out lie.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 07:04:33 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Fun Fact...There have been no reported storm deaths in FL as a result of hurricane Vidalia.

I heard two people died in separate single car accidents.  So looks like DeSantis controlled what he could control. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
"...he hired Fauxci to handle it." Those are your words @catfish1957 and it is a flat out lie.

You are the one spewing the big time iies..   Here is an article from 2020...

Jan. 29, 2020: White House coronavirus task force created
US cases: 5; US deaths: 0

Roughly one week after the first American is confirmed to have the coronavirus -- someone who had recently visited China and returned to Washington state, the White House starts its coronavirus response task force. Fauci, director of the National Institute for Allergy and Infectious Diseases, is immediately appointed.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/tracking-trump-faucis-tense-relationship/story?id=71771514

Online DB

Trump hired neither Fauci nor Birx. Both were in place LONG before Trump came along. If Trump had tried to rid himself of either during the "pandemic" he would undoubtedly have been impeached and removed from office over it. Truth matters @catfish1957

Bullshit. Trump was the executive in charge. Unconstitutionally destroying the country through lockdowns, denying people access to their loved ones while dying in hospitals and denying access to drugs that shows promise to force emergency measures bypassing safety protocol WAS the leadership hill to die on. The consequences have been profound. And if it is as you say, then why does it matter who we elect if they are just going to acquiesce to the life long bureaucrats? You can't have it both ways. Either they lead and are responsible or not.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 07:11:53 pm by DB »

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Bullshit. Trump was the executive in charge. Unconstitutionally destroying the country through lockdowns, denying people access to their loved ones while dying in hospitals and denying access to drugs that shows promise to force emergency measures bypassing safety protocol WAS the leadership hill to die on. The consequences have been profound. And if it is as you say, then why does it matter who we elect if they are just going to acquiesce to the life long bureaucrats? You can't have it both ways. Either they lead and responsible or they don't.

Don't try to expain anything to a delusional Trumpian.

Offline Kamaji

You need not tell me what Fauci did because I already know. That does not change a word of what I said in what you quoted and you know it.

It changes most of what you said.  Trump never took any actions to remove Fauci, and never would have, precisely because he approved of everything Fauci did.  If he did not, he would not have given Fauci an award at the end of his - Trump's - term because he had no reason other than personal approval of Fauci.

Face facts:  Trump approved of what Fauci did and said, during the entirety of Trump's term in office.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
You are the one spewing the big time iies..   Here is an article from 2020...

Jan. 29, 2020: White House coronavirus task force created
US cases: 5; US deaths: 0

Roughly one week after the first American is confirmed to have the coronavirus -- someone who had recently visited China and returned to Washington state, the White House starts its coronavirus response task force. Fauci, director of the National Institute for Allergy and Infectious Diseases, is immediately appointed.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/tracking-trump-faucis-tense-relationship/story?id=71771514

Fauci and Birx were in place before Trump and the "pandemic" just as I said. You can crawfish all you like but facts are facts!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DB

Fauci and Birx were in place before Trump and the "pandemic" just as I said. You can crawfish all you like but facts are facts!

So what.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher

Huh?  Crawfish?  I gave you f'ing proof. Can you read?  He was appointed the HEAD of the Coronvirus Response Task Force.  What other proof do you need?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 07:16:53 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline bilo

Fun Fact...There have been no reported storm deaths in FL as a result of hurricane Vidalia.

I heard two people died in separate single car accidents.  So looks like DeSantis controlled what he could control.

Good points.

I will support Trump now because I am opposed to the corruption of the DC swamp, but that doesn't mean I won't support DeSantis in the future. I think he has been a great Gov. and would be a great POTUS.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
It changes most of what you said.  Trump never took any actions to remove Fauci, and never would have, precisely because he approved of everything Fauci did.  If he did not, he would not have given Fauci an award at the end of his - Trump's - term because he had no reason other than personal approval of Fauci.

Face facts:  Trump approved of what Fauci did and said, during the entirety of Trump's term in office.

BS! Trump had no choice in the matter because he knew that trying to get rid of Fauci or Birx was a well laid trap that he wasn't about to fall into.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

Good points.

I will support Trump now because I am opposed to the corruption of the DC swamp, but that doesn't mean I won't support DeSantis in the future. I think he has been a great Gov. and would be a great POTUS.

Then you have allowed the democrats to select your choice for you, and furthermore, you've allowed them to select for you the weakest candidate.  Congratulations.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Huh?  Crawfish?  I gave you f'ing proof. Can you read?  He was appointed the HEAD of the Coronvirus Response Task Force.  What other proof do you need?

And had he done ANYTHING else he would have been impeached and removed from office. There was NO WAY he could have gotten away with appointing any other than those he did. And he did not "HIRE" any of them!

- J. R. R. Tolkien