Author Topic: Exclusive — ‘There’s a Lot of Kids’: More than 450 Bodies Reportedly Recovered in Maui  (Read 1298 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Exclusive — ‘There’s a Lot of Kids’: More than 450 Bodies Reportedly Recovered in Maui

Kristina Wong31 Aug 20239
5:04

Maui search crews have found over 450 bodies, according to a local resident who is leading a grassroots relief effort to aid victims of the fire that decimated the town of Lahaina earlier this month.

“I guarantee you right now, from what has been seen, the number is over 450 and it’s gonna get — it’s gonna get closer to 1,000,” Maui resident Dale Hermo-Fernandez, who has close contacts inside local recovery efforts, said in a recent exclusive interview with Breitbart News.

“They’re not giving the number until they toe-tag them and identify them, which is understandable,” he said. “It’s guaranteed in the four hundreds. More than likely you’re going to get to 850 or 900 — with 40 percent being kids,” he said.

He said he did not want to discuss the children too much, out of respect for parents holding out hope.

“What I’m telling you right now is there’s a lot of kids. There’s a lot. There’s so much. And that’s the thing right now. The real disaster hasn’t even happened to the fullest,” Hermo-Fernandez said.

“Right now, we’re all in this void of hope. We’re in this void of hope. We have parents hoping that the kids are on the other side [of the island], they’re hoping that the kids would run through a safe person’s home and we just can’t just get a hold of them. So there’s a little bit of hope,” he added.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/08/31/exclusive-theres-lot-kids-over-450-bodies-reportedly-recovered-maui/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

... Several hundred more people are still unaccounted for — 388 at last count on the FBI’s verified list — leaving it uncertain whether any more fire fatalities will eventually be identified. An updated list is due to be released to the public Friday.   ...
Stars and Stripes

Sheesh. The FBI is not exactly the most reliable of government agencies right now.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Polly Ticks

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online cato potatoe

Hiding the body count is not helping anyone other than the gubmint workers who are trying to get off the island. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
“They’re not giving the number until they toe-tag them and identify them, which is understandable,” he said. “It’s guaranteed in the four hundreds. More than likely you’re going to get to 850 or 900 — with 40 percent being kids,” he said.

Does this seem right to any of you?

SEEMS to ME that most people will sacrifice themselves to  save their children,and here we have someone supposedly "in the know" claiming that almost as many children will have died as adults.

BTW,I freely admit to being biased on this issue. If someone is going to survive,I want it to be children.

This is why I am asking what the rest of you think about these numbers.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2023, 12:00:49 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Hiding the body count is not helping anyone other than the gubmint workers who are trying to get off the island.
It decreases the outrage over no sirens, police roadblocks, phones down, untrimmed trees on power lines, no water to fight the fire with...etc.

The real numbers will come out (maybe) when the mainland quits paying attention, on a night where something else will steal the headlines.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Does this seem right to any of you?

SEEMS to ME that most people will sacrifice themselves to  save their children,and here we have someone supposedly "in the know" claiming that almost as many children will have died as adults.

BTW,I freely admit to being biased on this issue. If someone is going to survive,I want it to be children.

This is why I am asking what the rest of you think about these numbers.
I have. School was out that day, kids sent home. Sitting in the house in the A/C, playing video games, absorbed in their phones, doing whatever, but not paying attention to what is happening outside.

Easy to get caught in a fast moving fire, and be done before you start to escape. Can't call mom or dad...who are at work.

Yeah, it sucks, but I expect the kid count to be high. (I'd love to be wrong.)

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I have. School was out that day, kids sent home. Sitting in the house in the A/C, playing video games, absorbed in their phones, doing whatever, but not paying attention to what is happening outside.

Easy to get caught in a fast moving fire, and be done before you start to escape. Can't call mom or dad...who are at work.

Yeah, it sucks, but I expect the kid count to be high. (I'd love to be wrong.)

@Smokin Joe

It breaks my heart to say it,but I suspect you are right. I hadn't even thought about schools being let out early and kids being sent home.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

It breaks my heart to say it,but I suspect you are right. I hadn't even thought about schools being let out early and kids being sent home.
It breaks my heart, too, bro. One of my roughest calls as a fireman was a fire where three kids died. This is orders of magnitude beyond that.

C S Lewis

Offline NavyCanDo

This is unsubstantiated and NOT from an official source. The death toll has remained at 115 all week and the dwelling search is complete. Officials have stated its not expected to grow. There are still missing, but that list is shrinking as family members are reconnecting.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Smokin Joe

This is unsubstantiated and NOT from an official source. The death toll has remained at 115 all week and the dwelling search is complete. Officials have stated its not expected to grow. There are still missing, but that list is shrinking as family members are reconnecting.
Be that as it may, I read the "over 400" number a week ago. It is plausible that those are the actual numbers. Without going all tinfoil hat, there are plenty of reasons to suppress that number and give a lower official total.

C S Lewis

Offline the OlLine Rebel

Horrible!

I hope none of it is true.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

Be that as it may, I read the "over 400" number a week ago. It is plausible that those are the actual numbers. Without going all tinfoil hat, there are plenty of reasons to suppress that number and give a lower official total.

But from what source did you read 400?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

It's a tragedy of 'Biblical' proportions.  TWO ENTIRE GENERATIONS of Lahaina...the 'FUTURE' is wiped out in an instant.

Maybe it provides a clue to the demise of the Mayans..."conquistadors" aside.

(Mayan ruins predate Balboa)
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
You all know that you can trust the government.  Right?

Read an article indicating that those fully vaccinated for COVID are now getting the disease at a rate of 40%, and those vaxed have increased rates of hospitalization and death.  But hey, the government, you can trust them, right?

You did hear about the article published by a half dozen MDs from the CDC indicating the efficacy of the COVID vaccines was only 40 percent, not 90 anything percent!  Yeah, of course you can trust the government.  And you read the article indicating there was virtually no spread of COVID between children, an indicator that they do not need the vaccine, and yet the government is still advertising that you get your children vaccinated. 

Maui is a fine example of how government does not do their job.  You think there weren't folks on the payroll to examine what needs to be done to prevent severe fire risk, and direct the work to ensure fires did not destroy homes and properties?  I am sure there was a small army of folks with that responsibility, but they were too busy playing with themselves, or playing poker, or other non relevant activities to their scope of work that they received compensation for doing.

There are a number of folks that should be indicted for mass genocide for being completely incompetent with their responsibilities to society on Maui.  But you all know that will not happen.

We all know it was Trump's fault.  That will be the bullsh*t we will be hearing next.  Even though they are 64% Democommie, they will find a way to blame Trump or Republicans.  Just wait and see.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The Feds want to hide the actual amount of fatalities as long as they can because it will make Biden and his administration look worse than they already do for their lackluster response to this disaster.

Everyone involved in the Maui city government that helped cause this tragedy need to resign and be criminally investigated.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Smokin Joe

But from what source did you read 400?
It may have been on 'X'. It made so much sense at the time, given the nature of the event, that I just assumed it would come out later, and (a rare event for me) did not bookmark the source. But it was about the time the body count had stalled for a couple days.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

Link to the post on the Maui wildfire thread @the OlLine Rebel  @Smokin Joe

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,508653.msg2888913.html#msg2888913
Thanks, @bigheadfred! (and @Gefn ). I read so much, sometimes I can't remember where I read what. (Reference sources go into what has become a huge file. and this is one thing I thought would get out, because, under the circumstances it seemed all too credible.)

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Thanks, @bigheadfred! (and @Gefn ). I read so much, sometimes I can't remember where I read what. (Reference sources go into what has become a huge file. and this is one thing I thought would get out, because, under the circumstances it seemed all too credible.)

@Smokin Joe

I had to stop reading about Hawaii for a bit. Just made me cry. So sad, and heartbreaking. Truly the stuff of nightmares.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline the OlLine Rebel

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

I had to stop reading about Hawaii for a bit. Just made me cry. So sad, and heartbreaking. Truly the stuff of nightmares.
@Gefn I understand. It is heartbreaking, and I have fought off nightmares from less. May Almighty God Bless You and bring your heart peace.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2023, 09:36:45 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis