Author Topic: Inflation ticked up to 3.3% in July in Fed’s preferred gauge  (Read 405 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Inflation ticked up to 3.3% in July in Fed’s preferred gauge
by Zachary Halaschak, Economics Reporter
August 31, 2023 08:32 AM

Inflation ticked up to a 3.3% annual rate in July, as measured by the gauge favored by the Federal Reserve.

The increase in the personal consumption expenditures price index reported Thursday morning by the Bureau of Economic Analysis tracks other readings that show inflation increased slightly last month amid the Fed’s campaign to slow it by hiking interest rates.

The latest report shows inflation is still above the central bank’s goal of 2% annual price growth, a bit of bad news for the economy and the Biden administration, which has recently touted other positive economic developments as proof that the “Bidenomics” agenda is working.

Core PCE inflation, a measure of inflation that strips out energy and food prices and is generally less volatile, rose a tenth of a percentage point to a too-high 4.2% year-over-year rate.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/economy/inflation-ticked-up-to-3-3-in-july-in-feds-preferred-gauge
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Inflation ticked up to 3.3% in July in Fed’s preferred gauge
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2023, 01:34:43 pm »
This will take the wind out of the administrations “Inflation is dropping” sails
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2023, 01:37:52 pm »
Oh I think everyone know that "official" number was pulled out off their arse's.  The average Joe knows what the real inflation number looks like every time the stop to shop and it wasn't 3.3 in july and it won't be that in august.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2023, 01:46:56 pm »
This will take the wind out of the administrations “Inflation is dropping” sails

There was never any wind in those sails to begin with.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2023, 02:42:27 pm »
Groceries are still expensive.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.