Author Topic: Major Offshore Wind Company Takes Huge Losses After Struggling To Get More Biden Bucks  (Read 713 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Daily Caller by Nick Pope on August 30, 2023

A Danish offshore wind company with major projects in the U.S. has taken huge losses Wednesday after warning about its so-far unsuccessful effort to get more federal subsidies, according to Reuters.

Orsted stated Tuesday that it anticipates that its three developments in U.S. waters may be $2.3 billion less valuable than anticipated, in part because the firm is having trouble receiving more tax credits from the Biden administration, according to Reuters. Other problems the firm’s projects face include supply chain backups and rising interest rates that make refinancing difficult.

“The situation in U.S. offshore wind is severe,” Orsted’s CEO, Mads Nipper, said to reporters on a conference call, according to Reuters. The company may cut its losses and walk away from its U.S. portfolio, according to Windpower Monthly, a potential move which would be a major setback to the Biden administration’s offshore wind ambitions.

The company has already received subsidies for its offshore wind developments off the East Coast, but the firm’s discussions with high-level Biden administration officials to access even more tax credits have not gone as the company had hoped, according to Reuters. The firm’s share price has plunged by just under 25% Wednesday as of the time of publication, according to data from Yahoo Finance.

More: https://dailycallernewsfoundation.org/2023/08/30/major-offshore-wind-company-takes-huge-losses-after-struggling-to-get-more-biden-bucks/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
SO, IOW, if we don't shell out money to private companies (or publicly traded ones), the whole "green" thing doesn't work? I guess that depends on how much green is going where.

Fundamentally, however, like Solyndra, I smell another taxpayer money passing to the DNC behind the scenes in order to mitigate the climate emergency that only exists in the media to justify paying money to the entities that are kicking it back to the DNC.

Even the Mafia were arguably more patriotic than the syndicate running DC.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

SO, IOW, if we don't shell out money to private companies (or publicly traded ones), the whole "green" thing doesn't work? I guess that depends on how much green is going where.

Fundamentally, however, like Solyndra, I smell another taxpayer money passing to the DNC behind the scenes in order to mitigate the climate emergency that only exists in the media to justify paying money to the entities that are kicking it back to the DNC.

:thumbsup:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

:bingo:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien