Author Topic: Arizona agrees to pay federal government $2.1 million for makeshift border wall  (Read 609 times)

Online libertybele

Arizona agrees to pay federal government $2.1 million for makeshift border wall

The state of Arizona has agreed to pay the federal government $2.1 million for its attempt to create a border wall made of shipping containers in what the state hopes will end a handful of lawsuits over the matter.

The U.S. Forest Service presented the state with a bill of $2.1 million last week, Judy Kioski, a spokesperson for the state’s Division of Emergency Management, told Arizona Central on Wednesday. The funds are part of the remediation effort to remove the containers from the Arizona-Mexico border in Cochise and Yuma counties. Once the state pays the bill, the lawsuits are expected to be dismissed.

The makeshift wall was built by former Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey last year in an effort to stop immigrants from crossing into Arizona. But he was met with backlash by the federal government, with the Department of Justice suing Ducey in December 2022, claiming the governor had violated federal law. ..............

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/immigration/arizona-agrees-paying-2-million-container-wall-stunt
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Kamaji

Landowners should form their own militias and carry out armed patrols.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Landowners should form their own militias and carry out armed patrols.
While I agree in principle, at some point there will be a confrontation that will leave bodies on the ground.

It is just as (if not more) likely that confrontation will be between those tasked with guarding our border and the militias as between cartels and others from the other side.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Smokin Joe cautions:
"While I agree in principle, at some point there will be a confrontation that will leave bodies on the ground."

Joe, you know as well as I do that the invasion will not be stopped (or even slowed) UNTIL there are "bodies on the ground".

Regardless of what happens afterwards.
Just sayin'...

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Smokin Joe cautions:
"While I agree in principle, at some point there will be a confrontation that will leave bodies on the ground."

Joe, you know as well as I do that the invasion will not be stopped (or even slowed) UNTIL there are "bodies on the ground".

Regardless of what happens afterwards.
Just sayin'...
Again, I agree, but the focus should be on those bodies not being Americans as much as possible.

FWIW, the tech to follow and interdict the militias is firmly in the hands of the USBP, if the orders are given to interdict the militias (likely), then the effort to do so will take precedence over guarding the border, and those bodies will all be American, while the invaders skate through. Just a realistic viewpoint. In the absence of the militias and USBP coming to at least local agreements to look the other way as the militias operate or even share data, unofficially, that is the most likely scenario. That requires people on the 'inside', raking risks, to ensure any militia success.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
How does it get this stupid ?