Author Topic: Rudy Giuliani found liable for defamation in Georgia lawsuit from election workers  (Read 612 times)

Online libertybele

Rudy Giuliani found liable for defamation in Georgia lawsuit from election workers

Rudy Giuliani was found liable for defamation by a federal judge on Wednesday in a case brought on by two Georgia election workers relating to accusations of mishandling ballots in the 2020 election.

The 57-page court filing, issued by Judge Beryl Howell in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, ruled the former New York City mayor must pay damages to Ruby Freeman and Shaye Moss, election workers he claimed manipulated results in 2020. The election fraud claims were propelled by former President Donald Trump and his Republican allies, some of whom were federally indicted this month.

Howell said Giuliani didn't comply with discovery obligations in the election workers' lawsuit, which they filed in December 2021, and failed to produce requested documents. The ruling determines that a civil trial can move forward to determine the fines Giuliani must pay the plaintiffs.

“The bottom line is that Giuliani has refused to comply with his discovery obligations and thwarted plaintiffs Ruby Freeman and Wandrea’ ArShaye Moss’s procedural rights to obtain any meaningful discovery in this case,” Howell wrote in the opinion. ...........

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/courts/rudy-giuliani-found-liable-defamation-georgia-lawsuit-election-workers
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
This was expected. Giuliani planned all along to challenge legally the scope of the requested discovery.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
This was expected. Giuliani planned all along to challenge legally the scope of the requested discovery.

:yowsa:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DefiantMassRINO

You can't go on television and knowingly talk $h!t about people, companies, and organizations, even if it's on FoxNews.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Please Br'er Fox, don' throw me in that briar patch.

Appeal, with discovery? Evidence they did what he said they did, and then criminal charges for the plaintiffs?

Life should be so good... :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis