Author Topic: ‘This is horrible.’ Homeless veterans are being buried in paupers graves in GA city  (Read 244 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘This is horrible.’ Homeless veterans are being buried in paupers graves in GA city
Columbus Ledger-Enquirer
KELBY HUTCHISON
August 28, 2023 at 5:00 AM

Columbus has long been a home to veterans of the military with Fort Moore, formerly Fort Benning, having been a part of the area for over 100 years.

Some of these veterans struggle with life after the military. And in Columbus, some veterans are becoming homeless and dying alone and being buried in pauper graves.

While services for veterans are available through the Veterans Administration, sometimes these benefits aren’t easily accessible to veterans. A few local individuals and organizations are helping to both help homeless veterans and preserve the memory of those veterans who have passed away.

As a result, a developing trend that is disturbing to those monitoring veterans and their plight is that homeless and indigent veterans are being buried in pauper graves within Columbus.

https://www.aol.com/news/horrible-homeless-veterans-being-buried-090000907.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
There had better not be any illegal aliens being buried in pauper's graves, by God, or there will be hell to pay. :bullie pirate:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline libertybele

Shameful.  Absolutely shameful.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.