Author Topic: Man, woman dispute who crashed car carrying 4 migrants  (Read 189 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Man, woman dispute who crashed car carrying 4 migrants
« on: August 30, 2023, 01:13:11 pm »
Man, woman dispute who crashed car carrying 4 migrants
State Route 86 photo courtesy Arizona Department of Transportation

Driver(s) reportedly told on phone by smuggler to floor gas pedal instead of stopping for Border Patrol

by: Julian Resendiz

Posted: Aug 29, 2023 / 10:54 AM CDT

Updated: Aug 29, 2023 / 10:54 AM CDT

DEL RIO, Texas (Border Report) – A man and a woman are facing federal felony charges stemming from a high-speed car crash in Arizona with four migrants and a loaded AR-15 rifle on board.

The case originated with U.S. Border Patrol agents trying to stop a vehicle with New Mexico license plates on Arizona’s State Road 86 last July. Driver Angel Rocha pulled to the side of the road. But he would later tell investigators that the woman in the front passenger seat reported the situation to their employer and both were told to keep driving, federal court records show.

Smugglers led authorities on 130 mph chases before rollover crash killed 3 migrants, feds say
Agents followed the fleeing Jetta from a distance and witnessed it come to a stop 15 minutes later eastbound on SR 86. The female front passenger allegedly exchanged seats with Rocha and sped off, the agents said.

The new driver, named in an arrest affidavit as Naveah Avila, allegedly rolled the car over while trying to pass another vehicle around a turn; the agents found her walking “in a state of confusion” near the wreck and called for a medical evacuation helicopter to come fly her to a hospital.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/border-crime/man-woman-dispute-who-crashed-car-carrying-4-migrants/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson