Author Topic: Florida man, 67, arrested by FBI for $650 bank robbery to pay his rent  (Read 317 times)

Offline Kamaji

Elderly Florida man, 67, arrested by FBI for $650 bank robbery to pay his rent

By Nicholas McEntyre
August 30, 2023

An elderly Florida man was arrested by the FBI after he attempted to rob a Miami-area bank for $650 because he was “in desperate need for rent money” and faced becoming homeless.

On Aug. 24, Michael Terry Noojin, 67, jumped in line at a Bank of America in Hollywood, Florida just after 2:40 p.m. and waited while the three tellers working were helping two other customers.

Noojin then walked up to the awaiting teller and slid a brown plastic shopping bag underneath the protective glass divider, telling her “I have a gun, put all the money in the bag” according to an FBI criminal complaint obtained by the Daily Beast.

The teller didn’t reply to Noojin’s demands, forcing him to repeat his statement.

“I’m not playing around, I have a gun, put the money in the bag,” Noojin said.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/30/elderly-florida-man-67-arrested-by-fbi-for-650-bank-robbery-all-to-pay-his-rent/

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Florida man, 67, arrested by FBI for $650 bank robbery to pay his rent
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2023, 03:52:43 pm »
What's up with this 'elderly' stuff? This has happened before where the actual intent was to end up in jail with three hots and cot with medical care to boot.

Online mountaineer

Re: Florida man, 67, arrested by FBI for $650 bank robbery to pay his rent
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2023, 12:10:34 am »
Yes, "elderly" is a bit insulting. Poor guy. Times are tough. FJB.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org