Author Topic: What Happened to the Child in Video Openly Questioning His 'Transition' and Crying During the Surger  (Read 342 times)

Online Kamaji

What Happened to the Child in Video Openly Questioning His 'Transition' and Crying During the Surgery?

By Jennifer Van Laar
August 28, 2023

Over the weekend we covered the heartbreaking story of a child whose medical "transition" was captured on video. One clip that was posted to X/Twitter, which is from a 2012 NBC News story, shows an 11-year-old child who was a biological boy preparing to have hormone blockers implanted. In one clip the child, whose name had been legally changed from Joseph to Josie, asks his mother, "Sometimes I think I’m a boy kinda.. Will you love me if I’m a boy?" In another, filmed at the doctor's office, shows Josie crying and clearly uncomfortable as the hormone blockers are implanted.

We heard from many of our readers who were upset that the article was behind the paywall, feeling that the powerful videos and the doubt Josie showed as this life-altering procedure was carried out should be shared far and wide. We share that view. The reason it was placed behind the paywall, however, is because recently big tech has ramped up censorship efforts by demonetizing articles that violate the woke agenda, mainly articles pertaining to climate change, COVID/vaccines, and transgender issues. Every time an article is flagged for demonetization, that hurts the domain's overall "brand score," which can eventually lead to full site demonetization. (My counterpart over at PJ Media, Paula Bolyard, wrote an excellent piece going into detail on this topic.)

I had planned to write a piece today explaining our decision to put that piece behind the paywall and provide links to the videos on X/Twitter for our readers to share, and to just leave it at that. But what I found when curiosity led me to look into what happened with Josie and her family after that changed my course.

First, I found the entire video from that NBC News Dateline story about Josie.

It's 22 minutes long, and both heartbreaking and disturbing - but worth the time to fully appreciate what is happening. As it turns out, while Josie started living as a girl at age 6, by age 9 her mother, then known as Vanessa, was attempting to have Josie medically transitioned by use of both hormone blockers and estrogen therapy. To do this, she flew Josie to California to meet with the doctor who ultimately implanted the hormone blockers, Dr. Johanna Olson, at Children's Hospital LA. At age 9. Since endocrinological testing revealed that Josie wasn't starting puberty at that time, Olson didn't take action at that time.

From this clip, in which Dr. Olson says that since kids make the decision to kill themselves at 12 and 13 they should be able to make decisions on undergoing medical sterilization (while ignoring the clear and significant differences between the two situations, in which one is medically assisted and the other clearly is not), it's clear that Dr. Olson has a bit of a Dr. Mengele streak.

https://twitter.com/BillboardChris/status/1695647840154886641

There are quite a few disturbing incidents (from a psychological and parenting perspective) portrayed in the video that bolster the argument that children seeking hormone therapy and puberty blockers aren't capable of giving informed consent - something rational adults already understand. I'll list a few here, and I'd challenge those who think that even teenagers are capable of making such decisions to watch the video and honestly say that Josie was making an informed, non-manipulated choice.

Source:  https://redstate.com/jenvanlaar/2023/08/28/child-in-heartbreaking-transition-video-n2163150

Online DefiantMassRINO

At 13, they can't drink.
At 13, they can't drive.
At 13, they can't vote.
At 13, they can't rent a car.

The reason there are age limitations is that society has agreed that persons of certain ages are not intellectually, mentally, and emotionally mature enough to make adult decisions nor handle adult responsibilities.

If a gender-confused person is suicidal, there are treatment options to help that child until they reach adulthood, when they will be able to make an adult decision to permanently transition.

At 13, I can't buy a car, but I can buy a new gender.  That's messed up.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline roamer_1

As is often the case, the mother is a whacko dingbat.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline roamer_1

At 13, I can't buy a car, but I can buy a new gender.  That's messed up.

The reason prepubescent actions are encouraged, no doubt, is because a boy, prior to nasty old testosterone engages, will remain boyish, and far easier to en-femminate...

Once testosterone kicks in... all that bulk, and all that hair... Once you hit 200 pounds, it's a lot harder to do, and the results will be far less favorable.

This has been a driving claim by groomers for a long time.
And they're getting their ugly way.