Author Topic: Update: The Gadsden Kid Is Undefeated, Has His School Running for the Hills  (Read 805 times)

Online Kamaji

Update:  The Gadsden Kid Is Undefeated, Has His School Running for the Hills

By Brandon Morse
August 29, 2023

On Tuesday, I reported about a kid named Jaiden from Colorado Springs who had his school's staff at The Vanguard School up in arms over a patch on his backpack displaying the Gadsden flag.

What's wrong with the Gadsden flag, you ask? According to school staff, it has its roots in slavery and the slave trade, a claim Jaiden was obviously highly amused by and whose facial expression is becoming an internet meme at the time of this writing.

https://twitter.com/TheBrandonMorse/status/1696591819583213963

Despite the school's weak attempt to justify its position and get him to remove his bag and the offending patch in order to let him back into class, Jaiden's mother stood behind her son and even corrected the school's claims about what the flag represents. This was captured on a video that has now gone viral and sparked waves all over the internet.

(Watch: School Attempts to Kick Out Kid for Sporting a Gadsden Flag Patch and His Mom Isn't Having It)

Naturally, due to the viral nature of the story, people are hungry for updates, and boy howdy do we have some for you, both about Jaiden and what the school is now going through.

First, we'll start with the hero of our story. Jaiden remains undeterred and has decided he's going to walk back into the school with his bag and patch still attached. Jaiden says he will refuse to remove the patch and will conduct a school sit-in if it comes down to it.

According to Connor Boyack, who first reported on this story, two law firms have now offered to assist Jaiden and his family if it comes down to lawfare, and will fight this clear discrimination against Jaiden and his beliefs. The story has also reached Colorado Governor Jared Polis who posted about the story seemingly taking Jaiden's side but there has been no word on Polis actually doing anything about it.

Source:  https://redstate.com/brandon_morse/2023/08/29/update-the-gadsden-kid-is-undefeated-has-his-school-running-for-the-hills-n2163196

Online roamer_1

BTTT

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Hope things work out for him.  We have a new "Don't Tread On Me" plate option and I plan on getting one in Jan when my plate expires.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

μολὼν λαβέ - I have a Gadsden flag sticker on my truck.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Offline Wingnut

This was a surprise.

Democratic Colorado governor calls Gadsden flag a 'proud symbol' of Revolution in response to viral video

Gov. Jared Polis, D-Colo.  posted, "Obviously the Gadsden flag is a proud symbol of the American revolution and a iconic warning to Britain or any government not to violate the liberties of Americans. It appears on popular American medallions and challenge coins through today and Ben Franklin also adopted it to symbolize the union of the 13 colonies. It’s a great teaching moment for a history lesson!"

https://www.foxnews.com/media/democratic-colorado-governor-calls-gadsden-flag-proud-symbol-revolution-response-viral-video

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I have always loved the flag as a symbol of not bowing down to big government.

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Hoodat

Hope things work out for him.  We have a new "Don't Tread On Me" plate option and I plan on getting one in Jan when my plate expires.

We have that, too.  But the State was not clear on where that extra money goes.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

Kinda like DeSantis being 5-0 in Election History compared to Trump 1-1. 
   America still celebrates their 'Undefeated', until they lose, of course.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Wingnut

We have that, too.  But the State was not clear on where that extra money goes.

I didn't ask.  LOL

Online roamer_1

I have a Gadsden flag sticker on my truck.

Yup.
Old Glory
Rebel flag
Gadsen flag
Blue Line flag

That order, down the right side of the pickup's rear window.

Gee, redneck much? Yeah... I know...  :shrug:

Online corbe

I Longhair/Beard much in this Redneck Country and it's a pain. The glass is always half full, there won't be a Task Force out his Labor Day because you walk all of our current rivers holding your TUBE, of course the CofC is reporting Recreational Flows.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online roamer_1

I Longhair/Beard much in this Redneck Country and it's a pain.

You need to do that up in here @corbe
All the cowboy types are clean shaven, but they'll be friendly to you, figuring you to be a hillbilly (weed and all) and a brother from another mother.

The glass is always half full, there won't be a Task Force out his Labor Day because you walk all of our current rivers holding your TUBE, of course the CofC is reporting Recreational Flows.

It's raining here as we speak. The creek that is the drainage for where I live (which I have been on all my life) is extraordinarily low... But we're doing alright on water this year.

The creek out back of my cabin is doing more than fine... It's artesian source is a quarter mile from my cabin, and it never changes much.