Author Topic: Fentanyl takes lives at the Navy’s boot camp base  (Read 256 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Fentanyl takes lives at the Navy’s boot camp base
« on: August 29, 2023, 05:51:10 pm »
Fentanyl takes lives at the Navy’s boot camp base
By Geoff Ziezulewicz
 Aug 28, 02:35 PM

As America grapples with a fentanyl crisis, multiple junior sailors have died from the drug aboard the base that houses the Navy’s boot camp in recent years, and investigators have been probing efforts to smuggle drugs onto the installation, including through the U.S. mail system, since at least 2020, according to records obtained by Navy Times.

Two other sailors are facing criminal charges in connection to one of those deaths, records show.

The Navy’s law enforcement agency launched at least five separate investigations into “illicit/controlled substances” being mailed to servicemembers at Naval Station Great Lakes, Illinois, in the second half of 2020 alone, according to Naval Criminal Investigative Service records.

Those substances include fentanyl, cocaine and the opioids hydrocodone and oxycodone, as well as the hallucinogen LSD, Xanax and THC, the psychoactive component in marijuana.

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2023/08/28/fentanyl-takes-lives-at-the-navys-boot-camp-base/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Fentanyl takes lives at the Navy’s boot camp base
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2023, 05:52:09 pm »
It's easy access to Chicago from there. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Fentanyl takes lives at the Navy’s boot camp base
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2023, 06:13:46 pm »
 ////00000////

If only we could determine who's behind America's illicit fentanyl problem ...

... some mysteries may never be solved.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.