Author Topic: Biden Falsely Claims to Have Convinced Strom Thurmond to Vote for the Civil Rights Act  (Read 571 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden Falsely Claims to Have Convinced Strom Thurmond to Vote for the Civil Rights Act

Paul Bois 28 Aug 2023

President Joe Biden made a false claim on Monday when he said that he “literally” convinced former Dixiecrat Sen. Strom Thurmond (SC) to vote for the Civil Rights Act.

The president made his outlandish claim while speaking on the 60th anniversary of the founding of the civil rights legal group, the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law.

“Pause for just a moment. I thought things had changed. I was able to literally, not figuratively, talk Strom Thurmond into voting for the Civil Rights Act before he died, and I thought, ‘Well maybe there’s real progress,’ But hate never dies. It just hides, it hides under the rocks,” he said.

Strom Thurmond, who switched to the Republican Party after years as a Democrat, voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964 before Joe Biden had entered politics, being that he was just 21 years old at the time. Strom Thurmond also died in 2003, many decades after the passing of civil rights.

Thurmond not only voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964, he also holds the record for the longest-ever filibuster opposing the Civil Rights Act of 1957.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/08/28/biden-falsely-claims-convinced-strom-thurmond-vote-civil-rights-act/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Lando Lincoln

What a guy! 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Joe Biden the greatest champion of civil rights since MLK.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Lando Lincoln

Joe Biden the greatest champion of civil rights since MLK.

In Joe’s fantastical reality, he mentored and counseled MLK every step of the way.
John Steinbeck

Offline LMAO

He probably believes this.

He is very disconnected from reality. And they can’t hide his condition from the public despite their Herculean effort to do so
« Last Edit: August 29, 2023, 02:16:44 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Biden wasn't sworn into office until January, 1973.

The Civil Rights Act happened 1963/1964/1965.

////00000////

Joe Biden must be a compulsive liar, and/or ... have dementia, or ... possibly have a time machine.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Lando Lincoln

Biden wasn't sworn into office until January, 1973.

The Civil Rights Act happened 1963/1964/1965.

////00000////

Joe Biden must be a compulsive liar, and/or ... have dementia, or ... possibly have a time machine.

We need to develop a superhero character named Fantastical Joe who was present or influential in landmark moments, big and small. Something like:

Did you know Fantastical Joe was the bus driver when Rosa Parks boarded that bus?
John Steinbeck

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
We need to develop a superhero character named Fantastical Joe who was present or influential in landmark moments, big and small. Something like:

Did you know Fantastical Joe was the bus driver when Rosa Parks boarded that bus?
Fun historical Fact from that day, not olny did he drive the bus, but Joe gave up his seat and let Rosa drive the bus while he went to the back of the bus to fight Corn Pop.

No joke man. if I'm lying, I'm dying
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Lando Lincoln

Fun historical Fact from that day, not olny did he drive the bus, but Joe gave up his seat and let Rosa drive the bus while he went to the back of the bus to fight Corn Pop.

No joke man. if I'm lying, I'm dying

Perfect!  Maybe we need a dedicated thread to Fantastical Joe!
John Steinbeck

Offline DefiantMassRINO

It was Fantasical Joe who said "Don't fire 'til you see the whites of their eyes" as he fought Napoleon Bonaparte at the Battle of Bunker Hill.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Lando Lincoln

Thomas Jefferson was badly hung over from from a bender with Ben Franklin and unable to focus clearly. With July 4th looming it was Fantastical Joe who was the ghostwriter of the Declaration of Independence thereby preserving that date for future fireworks displays across America.
John Steinbeck

Offline DefiantMassRINO

In 1492, aboard the Santa Fe, it was Fantasical Joe who told Christopher Columbus to take that left turn at Albuquerque to discover Joe-merica.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2023, 03:16:49 pm by DefiantMassRINO »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I was able to literally, not figuratively, talk Strom Thurmond into voting for the Civil Rights Act before he died

Strom Thurmond died in 2003

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!