Author Topic: Oil Group Sues Interior Over Arbitrary Unlawful Restrictions  (Read 433 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Oil Group Sues Interior Over Arbitrary Unlawful Restrictions
« on: August 29, 2023, 11:15:22 am »
Oil Group Sues Interior Over Arbitrary Unlawful Restrictions
18 hours ago David Middleton 33 Comments
Guest “Time to kick some @$$!” by David Middleton

This is a continuation of the Rice’s whales saga.

A quick recap
One of the first things Biden did after occupying the Oval Office was to halt oil & gas lease sales in the Gulf of Mexico. This was illegal. When forced to choose between holding the lease sale, or having the Secretary of the Interior face contempt of court charges, they held Sale 257 in November 2021.

A corrupt Obama judge voided the results of that Sale 257 in January 2022. As that case was being appealed in July 2022, Sen. Joe Manchin’s (D-WV) Inflation Reduction Act was passed by Congress and signed into law by Biden. This law required the Interior Department to honor the results of Sale 257 and continue to hold future sales over the open areas of the Gulf of Mexico. The law required Sale 261 to be held before September 30, 2023. Sale 261 is scheduled for September 27, 2023.

The latest developments
Just over a month ago, the National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) agreed to gut future lease sales and severely restrict Gulf of Mexico oil & gas operations as part of a settlement with a group of Enviro-Marxist terrorist organizations.

On August 17, 2023 BOEM issued an NTL (Notice to Lessees and Operators) implementing the arbitrary and unlawful restrictions outlined in the Rice’s whales settlement.

The NTL is allegedly temporary and voluntary, while the “Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement (BSEE) and BOEM are engaged in reinitiated consultation with the National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) on the 2020 Biological Opinion.” However, there are no more lease sales scheduled after Sale 261; nor has BOEM issued a new 5-year leasing plan, since Biden occupied the White House. The laws require them to issue a 5-year leasing plan and to continue holding lease sales.

“Circumvents law and ignores science”

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/08/28/oil-industry-sues-interior-over-arbitrary-and-unlawful-restrictions/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson