Author Topic: Party poopers: Hospitalizations for foreign objects in rectums on the rise  (Read 1119 times)

Offline Kamaji

Party poopers:  Hospitalizations for foreign objects in rectums on the rise

By Jane Herz   
August 28, 2023

Bummer.

Nearly 4,000 people are hospitalized with foreign objects in their rectum each year, according to a new study published last month in The American Journal of Emergency Medicine — with many of the stuck items sexual objects.

Researchers at the University of Rochester in New York were stumped by the “little epidemiologic information on this condition,” so they decided to analyze emergency reports from 2012 to 2021.

The study — said to be the first “nationally representative data” on rectal foreign bodies in the US — found 38,948 emergency department visits based on 885 cases in this time period among party poopers older than 15.

Researchers scoured the National Electronic Injury Surveillance System for injuries involving the “pubic region” or “lower trunk,” with “an accompanying diagnosis of foreign body, puncture, or laceration.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/28/hospitalizations-for-foreign-objects-in-rectums-on-the-rise-study/

Offline Kamaji

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
My younger sister used to work at St Louis U Hosp...X-ray tech...night shift...boy did she have the stories and this was always the topic du jour...lol
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Is that where Biden's head is?

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DefiantMassRINO

That's what happens when you go up a one way street in the wrong direction.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Exit only people, exit only.
The Republic is lost.

Online mountaineer

My younger sister used to work at St Louis U Hosp...X-ray tech...night shift...boy did she have the stories and this was always the topic du jour...lol
That's the truth. Nothing like an urban ER for some late night fun and games. A friend of ours was a nurse in such a hospital in Pittsburgh, and she told of people walking in with ice picks sticking out of their heads. There probably were a few "rectal insertions," as well.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I see Richard Gere Syndrome hasn't subsided.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

Now... Not sayin, but sayin: I am open minded enough to understand that some sort of pleasure is derived from 'the action'... What bothers me is the lack of sense... and the excuses as to why it got 'up there'...

Take a billiard ball... Now, there is a decided line of no return... Once you pass the 'equator', you ain't getting it back... Common sense should prevail...

And if you have a peanut butter jar (true story) stuffed up your southernmost pore, NOBODY, and I do mean nobody, is gonna believe you fell in the shower, landed on it, and up it went...

I mean the dumbassery involved not thinking forward enough to know the point of no return, requiring a crazy trip to the emergency room... You'd think one would naturally...

Well no, not naturally... The act is against nature...  :laugh:

Online andy58-in-nh

(Obligatory) "Rectum? Damn near killed 'em!"
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Ho Boy!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

I guess I’m thankful that I worked in a fairly boring rural emergency room
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online corbe

Since we're down there have you ever seen actual Xray's of Women with 2 VJJ's, I have. The patient's name was erased but I assume she's happily married.    :cool:

Uterus didelphys
« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 12:46:55 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online roamer_1

Since we're down there have you ever seen actual Xray's of Women with 2 VJJ's, I have. The patient's name was erased but I assume she's happily married.    :cool:

Uterus didelphys

To twins?  :laugh: